Membership Premium plugin not working as expected

I've played about with the Membership Free plugin and it seemed to work ok but i don't want to use paypal gateway so i bought the premium version and installed it. However the premium version doesn't even work as good as the free version. All i get is resctricted access page even as an admin and no signup buttons.

I'm using latest wordpress and latest membership.

• aecnu

Greetings jhuskisson,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the Membership plugin.

I've played about with the Membership Free plugin and it seemed to work ok but i don't want to use paypal gateway so i bought the premium version and installed it.

Did you completely uninstall the Free version before installing the premium version to include removing all the wp_m_ tables from your database?

This is what I would recommend as a starting point to successfully using this plugin since the two are worlds apart in coding.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• jhuskisson

Hi aecnu

Yes i deleted the site and reinstalled Wordpress because of malfunction with MAMP. I also installed Membership premium at on another computer and got the same result.

Also if i want to use Authorise.Net payment gateway, what buttons are shown to subscribe since the Paypal buttons are straight forward.

Another thing is i would like to customise the signup forms heavily, is there a way to customise the forms besides editing the actual php files incase there is an update and my changes will be erased.

Finally, does the Authorise.Net gateway allow recurring subscription payments and cancellation of subscriptions as there is no working demo around to see what the plugin does when its properly working.

• aecnu

Greetings jhuskisson,

Yes i deleted the site and reinstalled Wordpress because of malfunction with MAMP.

Fantastic that you delted the original free plugin.

I also installed Membership premium at on another computer and got the same result.

Is the other computer a hosting server by any chance?

Also if i want to use Authorise.Net payment gateway, what buttons are shown to subscribe since the Paypal buttons are straight forward.

Though I do not have an Authorise.net account to test, I believe it would be accurate to say they are straight forward too.

Another thing is i would like to customise the signup forms heavily, is there a way to customise the forms besides editing the actual php files incase there is an update and my changes will be erased.

I know that you can customize them within the plugin, the register page offers and edit page button. From the admin dashboard got to --> Membership --> options --> Membership pages tab --> Registration page --> edit page

When custom coding pages one can always permission the customized file 444 read only and the file should then be locked down from being over written.

Finally, does the Authorise.Net gateway allow recurring subscription payments and cancellation of subscriptions as there is no working demo around to see what the plugin does when its properly working.

This is another great question and I admit I do not know the answer. However, a demo would not distinguish if it is authorize net processing the recurring transaction or the plugin itself initiating the recurring transaction.

And I would like to know for sure, therefore I am going to see if I can get the lead developer in here to comment on that issue. If recurring transactions are actually processed by authorize.net or by the plugin?

Though it may take longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get his invaluable insight and advice in here asap.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Barry

I also installed Membership premium at on another computer and got the same result.

What errors / behaviour are you seeing now? Can you give us some examples as all I see in the first post is "All i get is resctricted access page even as an admin and no signup buttons.". You should never see the restricted page as an admin user.

No, I don't believe it does recurring yet - I'll have to check with the author of that gateway though.

Depending on your coding expertise you can override the forms with a custom plugin, that will then ensure that your changes are retained when you update.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.