Membership Premium - Private Post with members

For Membership Premium,
Is it possible to have individual post for members instead of level ?
I would like to do the following.
1. Our own Staffs can access all posting.
2. Members can access only posting allow by us.
3. Each member have their own accessible posting that other members cannot access.
Reason is that we are trying to keep a history of each member accessible by them alone and us, and other members cannot see other members data.

• Ash

Hello @Daryl

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

The third one is not possible in membership. About the first two, you can create two levels: Staff & Member.

For staff level add all posts as positive rule and add your staffs in that level.
    For Member level, add only allowed posts in positive rule and add members in that level.

Though for your scenario, I have a different idea.

You need to create two custom role: staff and member. You can create roles using User Role Editor plugin. Staffs will have staff role and members will have member role.

For the post type, you will need to have a meta box called "Available for members?" with radio buttons - yes or no. This meta box is only available for staff role. So, when a staff will create a post he can select yes or not i.e. make the post available for members or not.

Now, you have to write some custom code, not much I believe. When a post is viewed, first you need to check if it is a logged in user. If not, then redirect to a fix protected page, called ABC. If yes, then get his role. if he is staff, show the post. If he is a member, then check if the meta box value is yes or no. If yes, show the post, if no redirect to ABC.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.