Membership premium - slow mysql process every second

According to our DBA the membership plugin is hitting mysql with the following request every second:

# Query_time: 14  Lock_time: 0  Rows_sent: 0  Rows_examined: 0
UPDATE wp_options SET option_value = '1123' WHERE option_name = 'membership_communication_last_user_processed';

- I see this coming from the class.communication - and it is a feature we are not even using. In membership admin we have not created any communications. Shouldn't this query only run when communications have actually been created? These queries sometimes take 14 seconds or so to complete, which causes locking to occur and fills up our mysql_slow logs.

Any devs familiar with this part of the code that could shed some light on this behavior? Also any chance of a patch for this to be added to any upcoming release?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Fool,

Any devs familiar with this part of the code that could shed some light on this behavior?
    Also any chance of a patch for this to be added to any upcoming release?

Both of these items will need to be answered by the lead developer of the Membership plugin which may take a little more time then a normal ticket - but I will be sure to bring it to his attention and get you an answer asap.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Fool,

I have indeed flagged the lead developer of Membership plugin for his advice though we both may find this a mute point when the inevitable release of version 3 comes out any day now.

Thank you for your patience.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Well, it certainly shouldn't be doing that no.

If you are not using communications then you can disable it quickly by commenting out the require lines from membershippremium.php - there are two of them in there. So just put a // in front of each one and the system will carry on without it, as that module is pretty self contained (though you will still see a menu item for it).

• Fool
    • Flash Drive

Thanks Barry. That might help in the short-term, but I'm averse to hacking code that would be undone or overwritten by an upgrade. Will there be a fix for these mysql bugs in the forthcoming 3.0 release? Commenting out code is only a bandaid.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Fool,

Considering that the lead developer of Membership plugin has confirmed the fix is in for the upcoming release of version 3.0 of this very plugin, I am going to close this ticket to include that if there are issues after the update of V3.0 we obviously will be doing a completely new troubleshooting session.

In the event there is an issue with the new version, please fell free to open a new ticket for that version complete with any errors or symptoms that you may have.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.