{Membership Pro 2} All Paypal integrations seem to require Paypal account

I have a simple membership site where customers can buy a single product and than gain access to it on the site. For some reason setting up the payment gateway has been the most time consuming part of the whole thing.

I confirmed the payment button I have set up doesn't require Paypal account. You can check out as a guest and not be forced to set up a paypal account in order to make a purchase. But if I just link the button, the user account on the site isn't automatically created. If I integrate with membership pro 2, it takes them to a page that forces them to set up a paypal account. If I use Paypal simple integration, it does the same thing. And evidently if I upgrade to Paypal Payments Pro, all of a sudden the plugin no longer supports my gateway.

Any insight into how to set this up is much appreciated.

• Christian

If a proper integration simply cannot be achieved without forcing a customer to create a paypal account (even though paypal themselves don't require it), I just need to know what's causing the issue. If I need to set up an Authorize account or some other gateway, that's ok, but I have no way of knowing if I'm going to go through the application process and get set up and still have the same issue.

I just want to not force a client to have to set up another account prior to making a purchase. It's not a subscription or recurring payment. It's a flat fee product, and it's set up that way in Membership Pro2, but for some reason, the plugin is still acting like it's a subscription plan. Any insight is much appreciated.

• Katya Tsihotska

Hi Christian

I hope you had a great day!

I've investigated this question a bit and that's what I've found:

To ensure Guest Checkout can be offered as often as possible for your members, please review the guidelines below.

1. Make sure you have the following on your account:
    * Confirmed email address
    * Verified PayPal Account
    * PayPal Account Optional set to "On" in your PayPal settings

2. Confirm that you have a Premier or Business PayPal account. Guest checkout options are not offered for all types of PayPal account.

3. Even with these options in place, PayPal still doesn't always allow your members to check out without signing in. If the purchaser uses an email address that's attached to an account already, PayPal will force them to sign in. They also flag certain purchases based on certain criteria and force them to sign in.

I also recommend you to read through this article:
    https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/products/ap-guest-payments/

Let me know if it helps and if you'll have any additional questions, I'll always be happy to help!

Kind regards,
    Katya