Membership Pro 2 Causing Redirects

I’m having a redirect issue only on a page with both Membership Pro and NextGen Gallery Search Pro being used. The issue is that with both plugins activated, there occurs a redirect issue on my gallery page (which is also password protected using Membership Pro). I have contacted the developer of the plugin which is interfering: WP NextGen Gallery Search Pro and he states that he’s never seen this before.

I was doing some more digging on your support site and found another guy having the same issue as me with a redirect loop using Memberhsip Pro: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/membership-plugin-causing-redirect-loop

Do you think you guys could take a look and see what might be causing that? I can also provide FTP if need be. I’ve provided your support access to this site. This is a testing server and I’ve enabled support access, feel free to do anything you want on it.

This is the page with the nextgen search and gallery shortcode on it. This is the page causing issues: http://myfoxdesignsstudio.com/wednesday/fox-test

Thank you so much!!!

• Ken Kimbrell
    • The Crimson Coder

Hello Jeramiah-

The conflict with WP NextGen Gallery Search Pro & Membership 2 Pro seems to be our protection of content. If you disable content protection the ability to search returns. I am also seeing ajax call errors in the console. Could you please go to your apache server configurations. If using an apache server and make sure you have the ares package installed and ticked? See image below:

You can learn more about the package here:

https://pecl.php.net/package/ares

Let me know if this helps!

Take Care,

Ken – WPMU DEV Support

• Jeramiah
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I was able to have some more conversations with the developer. This is what he said:

there are 2 shortcode. one for search box and another is for search result.

when you write something in search box it redirects to search result function. so initially a redirection is called….

It makes sense that there would be a redirection with his plugin in that respect (redirecting after search input). But I don’t understand the purpose behind a redirect loop on a protected page with Membership Pro. How do you think we could resolve that?

• Ken Kimbrell
    • The Crimson Coder

Hello Jeramiah-

I do apologize for the delayed response. There is a new update for Membership 2 Pro. Can you please try updating to the newest version and see if the problem is still there. We did have redirect loop issues regarding the Media Protection add-on. However this is not the case with yours, as it was never enabled and the only way to remove the redirection loop was to completely disable all content protection. For process of elimination purposes, if you wouldn’t mind updating your current version of Membership 2 Pro and let me know of the results. I would greatly appreciate it. We can then look into different approaches to rectifying your problem, should it still persist.

Take Care,

Ken – WPMU DEV Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.