Membership Pro 2 conflict with WP Engine staging deploys

I'm running into an issue where the plugin - when activated - makes the deploy from staging button in the WP Engine back end not work on the site. You have to disable the plugin, deploy, then re enable the plugin. The site is under active development so that's a bit of an issue. I've tested it all and this is the only plugin that is causing the issue.

To access the site you're going to need a username and password to bypass the HTTP block on it.

I've also identified that I'm getting the following error on the screen with the plugin activated:
caught TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey wmacmill, Michael here! :slight_smile:

Is the staging site using version 1.0.2.9, or does it have 1.0.2.7 right now? (like I'm seeing the live site is running)

If it's not running 1.0.2.9, could you try updating to that please? If it does (or if upgrading doesn't resolve this), then could you please send in the following via our secure contact form:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include HTTP authentication details
    - Include WordPress admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include SFTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site
    -- Bonus point: Would I have your permission to push changes from staging to live?

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic, so it doesn't go back to the forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• wmacmill
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

So after some digging from WP Engine we've narrowed the conflict down to one of the following:
    /wp-content/plugins/membership/lib/wpmu-lib/js/wpmu-ui.3.js?ver=4.4.2
    /wp-content/plugins/membership/lib/wpmu-lib/js/select2.3.min.js?ver=4.4.2
    /wp-content/plugins/membership/app/assets/js/ms-admin.js?ver=1.0.2.9
    /wp-content/plugins/membership/app/assets/js/jquery.m2.plugins.js?ver=1.0.2.9
    /wp-content/plugins/membership/app/assets/js/jquery.m2.validate.js?ver=1.0.2.9

As these are the js files being loaded on the particular admin screen by the plugin. There must be a naming conflict in there but haven't had time to dig further than that.

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey wmacmill, thanks for the added info! :slight_smile:

On doing some further troubleshooting of my own over here, I've narrowed it down to this file here:

/wp-content/plugins/membership/lib/wpmu-lib/js/select2.3.min.js

Having that removed from the equation allows the deploy process to work properly. I'll report this to our developers, so that they can work on a fix for this. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.