Membership Pro 2 Free Trial feature doesn't request paypal payment info

I just had three customers signup for my service using a 7 day free trial. I just tested it myself and the process completed but i was not asked for payment information and each is set to Free Gateway. Is this by design? It is a "no credit card required" feature? If so, not a big fan and would like the choice. Membership 1 allowed moving from Trial level to Paid level but required payment info in the beginning...

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello schoolofbookkeeping.com

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The "Free Trial" accepts users as members without payment although the invoice is being prepared. Once the "Free trial" period comes close to an end user is given a payment button on his account->invoice page.

That's by design, however I agree that other options such as the one you described would be very useful here. That said, I'm moving this thread into our Features and Feedback forum and hopefully more members of our community will support the idea, therefore our developers will add this as a new feature.

I cannot give you any ETA on this but I can assure you that most of the features are being added to our plugins upon member's requests and the development team is constantly enhancing this plugin.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello @schoolofbookkeeping.com,

Why don't you explain this in the settings???

I'll report this to our writing team immediately!

I have users that I don't have credit cards for and they are getting all of my content for free

This affects my answer a bit. Regardless whether you have your members' credit cards or not, they shouldn't be able to reach the content once their trial period has ended. I think this is definitely something we should look into so please advise: is it that after trial period ends an access to the content is not being closed automatically or is it that they register again for another trial periods?

Please advise!

Kind regards,
    Adam

• astUtemy
    • New Recruit

I'm not worried about that. The reason we offer a trial is to get the credit card and ease the sale process. Unless, we offer a no credit card option like this. We MUST have the former as the standard. This is just silly.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey schoolofbookkeeping.com, hey Open Forest!

@schoolofbookkeeping.com

Thanks for this explanation. I need consult this with a plugin's developer and hopefully then I'll be able to either give you a reasonable explanation or a solution on this :slight_smile:

@Open Forest

I believe there's a reason for this but since I'm about to talk to the developer anyway, I'll also bring this to his attention. Thanks for suggestion!

Please keep an eye on this thread!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey @Willie!

Thanks for your support. I'm sorry for the delay with an answer here but our developers has been quite busy recently due to a lot of new releases that came up today. Hopefully though they'll be able now to speed up other issues now, since these releases are already made public.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello @schoolofbookkeeping.com,

I hope you're well today!

I've just spoken to the developer of the plugin directly. The issue here is that current workflow i is "by design" and was introduced due to the large volume of members' requests. The developer has confirmed that the dev team is working on fixing some last remaining bugs and then bringing new features. The one you're asking for will be among them either as an add-on or as a setting.

I'll keep you updated on this.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• astUtemy
    • New Recruit

But why would you "by design" it so differently from the other two products that you built? No one complained about how it worked in M1 because it gave us the choice. Now, we have no choice. The trial features is utterly useless unless you like NOT making money.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi @schoolofbookkeeping.com,

We had number of requests where users complained about option that required payment details to be entered only to access FREE trial period.

As Adam mentioned before, developer has been notified about this and it has been added to M2 to do list, so we can expect to see this change in future versions.

Thank you,
    Predrag

• hcarmody
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I'm throwing my hat in on this. We need the option. Understanding buyers- If you offer a free trial where you collect their payment details, but have a cancel button so that subscribers can change their mind, you will retain most. If you offer a free trial with the bill being sent a week later, they are more likely to keep putting it off and eventually forget. You absolutely must remove barriers and steps.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello!

I'm not authorized to fully review development schedule but I've just asked main developer of the plugin to update me as soon as possible on the current status of that request. I'm not promising anything by this but anytime I'll get a response/update on this, I'll let you know here immediately.

Thanks for giving so much support for that feature!

Best regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
      • Support

Hi yourbusinessdigital,

Good one, I must admit, it did bring a smile on my face, thanks for that :slight_smile:

On a more serious note, we don't unfortunately have any ETA yet, it has been added to plugin to-do list but we still have no info on when we will see it live :slight_frown:

Best regards,
      Predrag

• Cody
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Any progress on this? We need this also, need to be able to capture a card number at the beginning of the trial.

Did M1 have this feature and M2 does not?? if so can we just downgrade to M1??

thank you!
    Cody

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Cody!

The feature turns out to be delayed. I'm not able to give any ETA and make predictions. I'm sorry for this.

As for downgrade. The "M1" is no longer developed and it may not even be compatible with some setups (with newest PHP/WP versions together).

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Jonathan
    • New Recruit

HI there !

nearly 13 months since this thread was opened... may the force can be with the Dev Team please ?

"Just" ask for the payment infos BEFORE customer starts it's free trial, so he will not have to go open a invoice this click Pay button. I'm in a subscription case and it will be A MUST !

Thanks ô Lords of Membership Pro 2 dev team !

PS : Does we need to send Gospel videos asking for this feature to see it in this plugin ???

• Predrag Dubajic
      • Support

Hi Jonathan,

Unfortunately this hasn't been added yet, some other things took over priority over it and this kinda got pushed back :slight_frown:

I just double checked and this is still on our to do list but ETA is yet unknown.
      I'll ping the devs again and try pushing this up a bit but can't give any guarantees about release time.

Best regards,
      Predrag

• Jeff
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Looking for a status update. My website is ready to go and just ran into this issue so I thought I'd see if I had done something wrong. Just a common sense thing why anyone would not want the original features? You all have been so helpful, my fingers are crossed that there has been a fix possibly through another thread. I wouldn't believe a website that enticed me to sign up through a free trial (with CC information required) wouldn't make that a top priority for its consumers.

Thanks

• Predrag Dubajic
      • Support

Hi Jeff,

At the moment it's only possible to do this with PayPal gateway, and it's enabled by adding below line of code in your wp-config.php just above /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ line.
      define( 'MS_PAYPAL_TRIAL_SUBSCRIPTION', true );

It's still on our to-do list to enable it with other gateways as well.

Best regards,
      Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.