Membership Pro 2: Renewals are not working

Hi,
We are having problems with members being able to renew. They are receiving the email notice to renew, but the link doesn't work (it goes to their account, but there is not a link there to renew). Also, when their membership expires, they don't have an option to renew. The only way I have been able to allow members to renew is to remove them from the database and let them sign up again with a fresh account (which is not the way it should work).

You should be able to access the account. I also have a screen shot from one member if that would be helpful. If you need to create a test account, please feel free to.

Thanks,
Dana

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Dana

Hope you had a wonderful day.

You should be able to access the account

I tried to login with Support Access but I could not find it enabled. Can you please revoke and grant us permission again so we can have a look and try to fix the issue?

I also have a screen shot from one member if that would be helpful

Can you please attach the screenshot here so we can have a look?

If you need to create a test account, please feel free to

I tried to register for an account from the front end, but all your memberships are paid, and your gateways are live. So I didn't create one.

I'm looking forward to hear from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Dana
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Rupok,
    I somehow overlooked the notification that you had responded. I just went in and granted supported access, so you should be able to get in now.

I am attaching a pic from a user. This was sent after her membership expired, but there was no option to renew, only cancel. This is from the "Join" link on our website. Also, when you go into the account, there is not an option to renew - either before the expiration date or after.

If you want to use a test account that has expired, I can give you the log-in info privately.

Thanks,
    Dana

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Dana,

Is it possible that you had before free trial enabled in your memberships and you deactivated it there?

Yes, please send us access to the test account - send in the following via our secure contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ :

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Kasia Swiderska
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include test user access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic, so it doesn't go back to the forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Dana,

I've tested account from you and going to /memberships/ page shows that I can renew Family Membership (this one redirects me to paypal page), on Family Membership (Group Member Affiliation) there is option to complet payment (it also goes to paypal site).
    Does that test account was created while you had trial for memberships enabled or it was after you disabled it?
    We found a problem recently that members are not able to renew membership when the membership had trial and the trial was disabled. From your mail it looks like this is case on your site, however I'm not able to confirm that with test account.
    But bug was reported and developers are working on fixing that.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Dana
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Kasia,
    We have not had the membership trial activated - it has always been a paid subscription (our membership fee). I just had a member message me that she was unable to renew her membership. I have reset our membership and looked for a renewal button both in the "Member's" tab (under My Account) and under the "Join" tab. There was not any link in the Account Info, and only a "Cancel" button under "Join". I will message you the member's email address and the password I am using.

If there is another link that should be used for renewals and I am going about it wrong, please let me know.

Thank you,
    Dana

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Dana,

I'm sorry for the late respnse on my side.

In your first email you wrote " I have the trial account disabled because we only offer full memberships (3 different memberships)." - so I assumed that you had it previously enabled and that is why this lead me to conclusion that you are facing bug that was discovered. If I misunderstood that then I'm sorry.

I've checked account of your client and reason that she can only cancle membership is because her account is active (screen from /members-2/account-2/ page):

when I checked your test account I was able to renew from memberships list page.

But this one is active - did you extended it manually maybe?

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.