Membership Pro 2 Server 500 erro after activating

Sorry for choosing WPMU DEV Dashboard, but it doesn't give me a choice for Membership Pro 2....

The issue is with Membership Pro 2. I tried installing it Network wide and it caused a server 500 error for the network and subsites. I then disabled it and tired it on just the site but same things. The second time I had to rename the plugin though ftp and managed to get it back.

I just created a full site backup and was hoping to get Membership Pro 2 to work. I'm hosting on Siteground. Anything to look at is a plus.

Thanks,
Jim

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Jim

I need to know the original error from debug log. Would you please enable debug mode and check if there is any error? To enable debug mode please go to wp-config.php and change

define( 'WP_DEBUG', false );

to

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

Now activate the plugin again to create the 500 error. That will create a file called debug.log inside wp-content folder. Open that file, check the very bottom and you will see the latest errors. Please send me those.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Jim
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

The error log didn't really help but I figured it out. Because I'm on siteground, and most shared hosts are the same, the process times have a time limit. What I did was disabled the anti-virus plugins and a few others, installed membership pro and then reactivated the plugins. Everything worked like a charm....

Just thought I'd update it in case someone else has the same problem.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.