Membership Pro 2 Sub Users

Hello,

Is there a way to have sub users on a membership?

So let's say I want to sell memberships at different numbers of users. Such as one membership can allow up to 10 users, instead of the company having to create a new membership for each employee.

Is this possible with this plugin or any of the other plugins you offer?

Thank you

• Milan

Hello Russell Ernst ,

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

You can create one account and share its credentials to 10 members of company ? Won't it work for you ? But in this case you should do all the things manually. Means there is not mechanism in the plugin which will support this requirement, so you could do this manually. If manual way is not possible for you somehow, you would need to create custom solution for this. You could use our Job Portal or hire developer.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Hope this helps you. :slight_smile:
    Best Regards,
    Milan

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Russell!

Currently that's not supported by Membership 2 Pro plugin "out of the box". A workaround could be as follows:

- set the membership that you wish to make available to companies, making it public so they could signup for it/buy it
    - set other membership(s) that would be used for sub-members; set them public but requiring invitation code (there's an add-on available on "Membership 2 -> Add-ons" page in your site's dashboard)

- issue invitation code; invitation code can have set expiry date and/or maximum number of uses (e.g. 10 for a company allowed to register up to 10 "sub-members") and can be assigned to a specific membership only if necessary; that step would unfortunately had to be performed manually by you as an admin

- handle the invitation code to the company and let them distribute it to their users along with direct link to signup to the membership (they'd need to do it manually as well, e.g. by sending an e-mail).

What would happen next would be that the user that received a signup link with an invitation code would signup for that "sub-membership" and then in order to be able to activate the membership would need to provide a valid invitation code.

There are two "downsides" of that approach though: one that the "sub-membership" would not actually "depend" in any way on the "company membership" and the second one that in order to track "sub-members" (so to know which member came for/from which company) those "sub-memberships" would need to be separate for each company. The reasonable workflow would be like this in my opinion:

1. There's a "company" membership (or memberships, e.g. providing different number of allowed sub-members)

2. Company signs up for the "company membership"

3. Site admin (you) creates a membership that'd be used as "sub-membership", issues an invitation code accordingly (allowing defined number of uses and assigned to that sub-membership only) and handles that code along with signup link for a sub-membership to the company

4. Company distributes invitation code and link among their users

5. Users signup using that link and a code.

That's a workaround but I think it should do the trick.

It would be also possible to create a more automated system, I think. The Membership 2 Pro plugin includes an API that could be used for this but that, as my colleague Milan already mentioned, would require a custom development.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.