Membership Pro 2 testing users locks me out of the site

Hi there,

I have migrated over to membership Pro 2 and was almost done. I then tried using the test membership feature which did the right thing on the page I was testing but then when I want to go back to the master admin I am locked out with a grey screen saying I have insufficient permissions?

I have tried login in under different master admin logins and on different browsers and now I am locked out all together with the same message.

I have gone in via FTP and turned of Membership to get back in but that leaves the site open. I have set admin access from within for WPMU.

Can you please advise what I can do to get back in with Membership turned on? ie. How can I deactivate the testing membership levels feature?

I will log out for the moment and turn membership on to see if you can access from your side.

Regards
Peter

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Peter,

I hope you are well today and thanks for posting on the forum.

Have you tried leaving Membership test mode by clicking on the "Exit Test Mode" button in the front end as shown in the attached screenshot?

Would you mind if I logged in to your site and take you out from the lock? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just send log in info through our secured contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/
    - Choose "I have a different question"
    - Include my name in the subject "Vinod Dalvi"
    - Include the URL of this post in your message so that I may track this issue better
    - Include login information (Wordpress admin info username + password )

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Peter

Hi Vinod,

It's the primary site: http://www.stspyridon.nsw.edu.au/ I have tried clearing all browser cache in both browsers, but this is is aggressive as I either get taken to a front page with the test options or to the front side with the admin bar at the top? If I try to go to the admin or click the exit button on the tester I get taken to the insufficient permissions page? This is with any test or master password I have.

Currently with the plugin active I have no access?

Regards
    Peter

• Peter

Hi Vinod,

I have done a little more testing...
    > I log-in via admin I get the no permission page.
    > I then go to the site I get your membership tester showing. If I try to exit to go back to the master admin I get redirected to the no permission page.
    > I go back and through the WP admin bar I can access the admin of the site but not with full permissions, with no access to plugins, settings, tools or the super admin. In membership I get the warning that I am in simulation mode and to "Exit Simulation" which only takes me to the no permission page?

This is with all super admin access that is not tied to the plugin.

Regards
    Peter

• Ash

Hello @Peter

I hope you are well today.

Yes, I can confirm the issue in your site, I am getting the same message:

You do not have sufficient permissions to access this admin page.

Would you please send me cpanel details so that I can access phpmyadmin? Also send me admin login too.

To send me details, please use our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select: I have a different question
    Subject: Attn-Ash (this ensures that it will be assigned to me)
    Details:
    1. Send all requested details
    2. Send a link of this thread so that I can track
    3. Send any other relevant link

I will be happy to take a look :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Ash

• Peter

Hi @Ash and @Vinod,

Not sure if you guys have done anything from the back end but I now have access after having disabled and reactivated the members plugin, 3 times after having to run some edits on the site?

Need to keep working so not willing to test the "Test Membership" feature just yet.

On another point, each of the member landing pages has the shortcode method to partially protect the content on the page. I have also used the membership login widget in the sidebar which I want active so these members can log in. However, when you view the page when locked out the login has been locked/protected. What special rule can I apply to enable the sidebar login?

Regards
    Peter

• Ash

Hello @Peter

In your page, you have used [ms-user] shortcode, but this shortcode is not appropriate here as you want to protect via membership not user type. Also, note that in [ms-user] shortcode, you have only 4 types - all, loggedin, guest, admin.

I have changed the shortcode to corresponding membership shortcode.

About the login issue in side bar, this is quite strange. I am seeing a text "Disabled" but I can't find the text in membership plugin. So, I assume it is a conflict. Also, I saw some stat related code in that widget, that is not from membership plugin.

Would you please run a plugin conflict test? Please deactivate all plugins except this one and check if you still face the problem. If not, then enable one by one and check which one is causing the problem. You can see the flowchart here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Please let me know what you get.

Cheers
    Ash

• Peter

Hi @Ash,

The conflict is with the Active Directory Integration plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/active-directory-integration/ which is being used to connect with the LDAP setup we are trying to integrate. I understand you are working on this which now makes this more important. A temporary or alternative would be to use the sidebar login which does not conflict?

Do you have any timing on the LDAP integration with Members Pro 2?

With the sidebar login is there any option to hide the recovery and signup links?

In regards to the page shortcode I don't want an unregistered member to see any protected content message. When I use [ms-user] no protected content message shows. Is it possible to do this via membership ID?

Regards
    Peter

• Ash

Hello @Peter

This is great that you found the conflict.

A temporary or alternative would be to use the sidebar login which does not conflict?

Yes, that should be good.

Do you have any timing on the LDAP integration with Members Pro 2?

I can't confirm, not that I can give you any ETA but I am marking this as a feature request.

With the sidebar login is there any option to hide the recovery and signup links?

Try the following code:

add_filter( 'register', '__return_false' );

You can add those codes in your functions.php in the theme, if you think your theme won’t be changed. Otherwise mu-plugins is the best solution. To use mu-plugins, go to /wp-content/ and find the folder with name 'mu-plugins'. If there is no folder in that name, then create a folder, name it 'mu-plugins', create a file inside that, give any name you like and paste the code in there. You don't need to activate that plugin. Mu-plugins means must use plugins, so it will be activated automatically always. If you use mu-plugins then add a php start tag at the beginning of the code.

In regards to the page shortcode I don't want an unregistered member to see any protected content message. When I use [ms-user] no protected content message shows. Is it possible to do this via membership ID?

In that case, try this:

[ms-user type="loggedin"]

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash