Membership Pro 2/BuddyPress integration

James Farmer Hi,

Please can you help us with how to configure Membership Pro 2 with BuddyPress?
We have installed the Membership plugin on our site which has BuddyPress already configured and I have added a membership type as well as the BuddyPress Integration add-on.

My question is, on the site at the moment we have Log In & Register buttons set in the navigation which when logged in will change to be Profile & Log Out (screenshots attached) as configured for BuddyPress. We need to mirror this using the Membership pro pages for log in etc. Is this possible? - Please advise.

Many Thanks

Marc

• Nastia

Hello Marc

Hope you're doing well!

You can set to show different menus with Advanced menu protection add-on.

To enable this add-on, please navigate to Membership 2 > Add-ons, enable this add-on and click on Details. Select "Replace individual Menus" option

Then create a new Menu for the members; go to Membership 2 > Protection Rules > Replace Menu.

Set a default menu to be replaced with anther one and modify access to this menu:

This way a new menu will be shown to a logged in members.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Marc

Hi Nastia,

Thanks for your reply.

Can I also ask another question.... We want to offer a free membership which will have restricted access (that we can create using the method you advised) and a paid membership that will be for a 6 month period that does NOT auto-renew. and we would be using PayPal for this.

My question is a) is there a way for users on free membership to upgrade from free to paid?

And b) do users get any kind of notification that a fixed term membership is about to expire, or can we create such a notification?

many Thanks

Marc.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Marc,

In order to have this kind of setup you would need to have two different memberships, one paid and one free.

When you create Paid membership you need to set payment option to Finit and set the time to 6 months, this way their membership will end after 6 months and they will not be billed again:

Also, when Free member goes to memberships page he will see that paid membership as an available option and can switch to it from there.

As for notifications, you can go to Membership 2 > Settings > Automated Email Responses and from there you can enable and customize email that is sent when membership expires.
    You can also go to Membership 2 > Add-ons and enable additional emails add-on that will add couple of more email options, including the one that is sent to user before the membership expires.

Best regards,
    Predrag