Membership Pro - All Active Members moved to Expired Members - why

First all - I want to make it very clear that I HATE this plugin. I have had problems with it since you moved from the old Membership Pro. And the fact that I have to 19.00 to fix an already broken plugin makes it even more frustrating.
Members Only Access level has been set to Permanent Access. It is a free membership site in that the organization pays it's dues through another process. So the members should have permanent access which is the way it is set.
However, the plugin has moved all members to expired. How do I move them all back to Active? All Members were correctly assigned to the Members Only Group
We are using this plugin to restrict access to the Events Calendar where registered members purchase tickets for the luncheon next week. However, they can't do that since their membership has been canceled.
How do I permanently move members to active status as the structure says "Permanent Access"?
Meanwhile, I will start looking for a plugin that has a better support system.

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello @Bob0221, I hope you are well today!

I'm really sorry to hear that you have an issue with Membership 2 plugin and that you are not satisfied fir our support.

Me and my colleague tested it, updated from the previous version and could not recreate the same.

Would you be able to grant us support access so we can take a closer look?

You can grant support access via admin dashboard - WPMU DEV > Support
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

To move members back, please navigate to Membership 2 > All Members > Expired, select all the members, and bulk add them to the membership. Have a look at the attached screenshot.

Please let us know when you grant support access!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Bob0221
    • Flash Drive

Ok the procedure you describe is moving the members, but why did they get there in the first place. I have attached a screenshot of where all of the members were already assigned and set up with Members Only privileges so this problem should not have occurred. I don't have a problem granting access, but for pressures of timeliness, I am moving them manually... all 172 of them.

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello there @Bob0221!

I'm glad that it's resolved for you now!

This has never happened before, at least there was never before reported even a similar issue. For sure I can say, that some error occurred on the server during an upgrade, or the PHP memory/execution time wasn't enough in order to complete all the tasks that running in the background during an update.

The best practice before any plugin/theme update is to create a fresh backup of the site. In case something goes wrong, you can always get your site back from backup.
    Also on the time of every update you should use plugin for maintenance mode - if case something breaks, your users will not see this.
    Plugin for backup https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/snapshot/
    and maintenance mode https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-maintenance-mode/

If there is anything else you need, please, let us know!

Cheers,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.