Membership Pro and Moneris Payment Gateway Integration

I am a Canadian member of WPMU and I'm setting up my payment gateway through my local financial institution and the payment gateway 'Moneris'.

Through my research, I've discovered 2 things:

1) To use Membership Pro out of the box to process payments, I need to have a PayPal/Authorize.net (recurring billing) account and my Moneris account in place.

2) Moneris offers a full payment gateway solution that would save me paying significant fees to PayPal/Authorize.net entirely.

My Question:

1) Can I integrate Moneris with Membership Pro the same as selecting one of the already available payment gateways? If so, how?

2) If the above is not possible, how can I setup Membership Pro to redirect to a Moneris payment page? (This may be almost the same question as above, but I'm new to payment gateways, so please be patient with my inexperience)

Thank you in advance!

• Michelle Shull

Hi, Daniel!

I can certainly add a feature request for Moneris support in Membership, but if it's urgent, you may wish to speak to an independent developer to help you create this custom solution. Integrating a new payment gateway into any of our plugins is actually a fairly complex job, and not one I could easily explain in the support forums. While we'd love to have the time and the resources to provide each member with all the custom extensions to our tools they ask for, it's just not feasible while providing support to members with specific issues in a timely manner. We've found in the past, when we've tried to never say no to any request, that it ultimately lessened the support we can give to other members.

We do have a jobs board, the devs who are for hire there are independent, they're not WPMU DEV employees, and I know there are a number of great WP developers for hire elsewhere on the web as well.

Thanks for your question, and good luck with your project!

Also, be sure to update to the latest version, released in the past day or so, for important updates.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.