Membership Pro being phased out?

Hello there! I read somewhere that this plugin is being phased out. Is that true? If so, is there a substitute or something else you could recommend?

Thanks!

• Shariq
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Raylene: I had a little bit of a difficult time integrating Membership Pro with a few diff plugins. Protected Content seems to do a great deal more with what we needed for our client. If you have any questions about implementation, list them out here and I'll see if I can help. If I can't, I'm sure someone can!

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Raylene,

As it sounds like you're still at the early stages of setting up your site, I'd advise giving Protected Content a go, as @Shariq suggested (it comes with an importer for Membership, so you can import any existing members into Protected Content).

If there's any particular setup issues though, we'll want to take that to a separate thread (you'd be welcome to comment there as well Shariq, with any advice you have on the matter :slight_smile: ).

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Raylene
      • Design Lord, Child of Thor

So... Michael... I went with Protected Content, as per your advisement. Ran into something I'm trying to figure out with it after using it for a couple of months now, but when I tried to read the Learn More today, it says Protected Content has been replaced by Membership Pro 2...

I don't have time to fiddle with another new plugin. I kinda feel like I"m going crazy right now.

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Raylene, thanks for your patience here!

No worries about the reply, we're good there. :slight_smile:

Regarding this:

I don't have time to fiddle with another new plugin. I kinda feel like I"m going crazy right now.

You're in luck then! :smiley:

Membership 2 Pro is our old Protected Content plugin, made even better! So it's got the same interface as Protected Content (of course, taking into account some improvements made to the interface), thus, the transition should be rather painless. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.