Membership pro crashes on install, what do I do?

Membership pro crashes on install, what do I do?

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Igor,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

I am currently looking for more info on this thread in order to see what might have gone wrong. Could you please let me know what are you seeing when you are trying to install the plugin ?

The more info you can provide, the easier it would be for me to assist you.

Cheers

PC

• igor_noronha
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Actually it installs fine, but rather the problem is on the activation. This is the error:

Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare set_membership_url() (previously declared in /home/content/52/9672452/html/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/includes/functions.php:20) in /home/content/52/9672452/html/wp-content/plugins/membership-1/membershipincludes/includes/functions.php on line 167

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya Igor,

By any chance do you still have the membership lite plugin installed on your site ?

If yes, could you please try to remove that before you install and activate the membership pro ?

Also, I would suggest you to take a back up of your current install using our snapshot plugin so as we can restore it as and when required. :slight_smile:

Please advise

Cheers

PC

• igor_noronha
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi PC

I created a snapshot, then removed both lite and pro, and reinstalled pro, and that’s what shows up now:

Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.

Warning: require_once(/home/content/52/9672452/html/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/includes/new-pointer-tutorials.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/52/9672452/html/wp-content/plugins/membership-1/membershipincludes/classes/class.tutorial.php on line 54

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘/home/content/52/9672452/html/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/includes/new-pointer-tutorials.php’ (include_path=’.:disappointed:usr/local/php5_3/lib/php’:wink: in /home/content/52/9672452/html/wp-content/plugins/membership-1/membershipincludes/classes/class.tutorial.php on line 54

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Heya Igor,

I am not able to replicate this on my install and would like to have a look at your install if you permit me to do that.

Could you please send the login details for your wp install and FTP using our contact form here and also mark it to my attention including a link to this forum thread ?

Please advise

Cheers

PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I got them through your last email and would look into it soon :slight_smile:

PS: We never ask for details through forums as these are open to Google and we do not share anything which we do not want the world to know !

Cheers

PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Heya Igor,

I had a look at your FTP and found that the error was being thrown as /home/content/52/9672452/html/wp-content/plugins/membership-1/membershipincludes

Most likely, it occurred as you installed the Membership pro w/o removing the lite version which made the plugin folder being renamed as membership-1 and as soon as I changed it back to membership it activated like a charm :slight_smile:

You would certainly like to login and view it right now :wink:

Please advise !

Cheers

PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

You are most certainly welcome Igor :slight_smile:

Thanks for the helpful, I was only able to fix it due to the trust and patience you showed while I was working on the issue !

Have a blessed day :slight_smile:

Cheers

PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.