Membership pro, hide stranger level shortcoded content from members

Hello,
I am attempting to use the membership pro plugin shortcode to create two different levels of content on my homepage.
[level-visitor]
Content for visitors only
[/level-visitor]
[not-level-visitor]
Content only show to members
[/not-level-visitor]

The problem i'm seeing is that the visitor only content is also displayed to my members. Is there a better way to create different homepages for members/visitors that I haven't considered?

Thank You

• Patrick

Hi there @Kristopher Lakin

Welcome to WPMU DEV, glad to have you aboard!

The only way I have managed to reproduce that behavior is if the user I am logged in as has no Membership Access Level yet assigned.

Please check under Membership > All Members in your admin to be sure your test user actually has a subscription/access level assigned.

For example, in the screenshot below, the users tester & tester1 would not see any content wrapped in the level-visitor shortcode as they are on a specific access level. They would see the content wrapped in the not-level-visitor shortcode though, as they are not visitors.

However, the newguy2 user would see that content as he has no access level and is therefore considered as a visitor by the system.

If that is not what you are experiencing on your site, can you please provide screenshots of what you do see as a visitor and as a logged-in member? Better yet, if you could enable support access from your WPMU DEV Dashboard, we could pop into your site to have a look at how you have set things up.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.