Membership Pro - membership renewal

Hi guys, I just had a bunch of memberships renew automatically but I haven't received any payment via Paypal for these memberships.

Also my site is sending out emails to these people saying that they haven't renewed when they have. Help!

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Michelle, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

In regards to this:

I just had a bunch of memberships renew automatically but I haven't received any payment via Paypal for these memberships.

Did these users set up their own subscriptions, or were they assigned these memberships by you?

Also, could you please enable Support Access, so that I can have a closer look at how you've got things set up here?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please advise,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Michelle,

After looking at your site here, I noticed that you've got the Mode for the subscription set to "Serial", and that the "PayPal Single Payments" gateway is being used here.

When Serial subscriptions are being used on a site, you'd actually want to be using the "PayPal Payments Standard" gateway, as that's designed to work with those.

I would want to switch gateways here (as the Single Payments gateway is non recurring anyway, it won't impact on your current members), and then advise the affected members to renew their subscriptions.

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.