membership pro plugin sending extra emails

I set up 2 groups (one is a monthly paypal group that is recurring and one is a yearly payment that doesn't recur).

I created invoices for all users, which added them to the correct group. They received the correct email for that group, then I marked the invoices that were paid, which also generated the correct email. They should not be receiving any other emails, yet this morning, everyone (both groups) received an email saying their recurring payment was due.

How do I turn that email off? The only people that should be receiving recurring emails were the ones in the Paypal monthly group, and they should not have received that email until next month.

Can someone take a look to see what I did wrong? I enabled the support connection.

I also would like to change the return email address...right now, users see the "from" as coming from WordPress <wordpress@expochurchleader.com>

Thanks.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Lori,

Could you show me copy of this email? Are you sure that both groups got this email not only people that have both memberships?
    However you still should not get any messages right now as "Payment - Before due Message: " is set to 1 day before.

Members that are in PayPal membership are registered "normal" way - you didn't add them manually?

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Lori Roth
    • Flash Drive

I have attached pictures of both emails. One person is in the monthly paypal group, the other is in the yearly payment that already paid.

I'm not sure what you mean about people are registered the Normal way for the paypal group. I added everyone by creating an invoice and adding them to the group. That seemed like the easiest way to get them in and have an invoice generated.

Thanks.

• Lori Roth
    • Flash Drive

My folks are still receiving multiple emails still today. I just saw another billing reminder come through for a member of the recurring PayPal group. I'd like to get this issue resolved soon so my members don't continue to receive all the unwanted emails.

Thanks

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Lori,

Please update plugin to the latest version and add following line to the wp-config.php

define('MS_LOG_EMAILS', true);

then enable again emails - if they will be send they should show in the email logs - this might tell us more about this issue and help investigate.

I'm not sure what you mean about people are registered the Normal way for the paypal group. I added everyone by creating an invoice and adding them to the group. That seemed like the easiest way to get them in and have an invoice generated.

By "normal" I meant that members registered themselves and checkout through the PayPal.

I have attached pictures of both emails. One person is in the monthly paypal group, the other is in the yearly payment that already paid.

Could you try to attach screenshots of emails again - looks like they were not added to your post.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Lori Roth
    • Flash Drive

I am having another issue that I will submit a separate ticket for. I have not had time to apply the changes you mentioned in this ticket until I get the other issue resolved....BUT I don't see how I can update to the latest version. It doesn't give me the option to update from the plugin's while I am logged in, and I also tried to update it from the website, and it says no update is available.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Lori,

Your account is active so this is issue with the WPMU DEV plugin - you have still 4.0.4 version that have issues with Single accounts.
    Please disable in WPMU DEV automatic updates and update this plugin to latest version. Then logout and login again there and after that try to update Membership 2 Pro, it should work this time.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.