Membership Pro registration page contents look different

I have added some custom content on the Registration page of Membership Pro. I see the custom design and content when I browse to the page using WP Admin but I see something different when I browse to the front end of the page.

Please assist.

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there Andy,

hope you're doing good today! :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, there isn't an easy way to edit these virtual registration pages using a Page Builder.
    We can use some JS and CSS though, I'd rather advise starting with a custom JS like this:

(function($) {
      $('.ms-membership-form-wrapper').addClass('gridContainer pricing-simple-section');
    })( jQuery );

which will fix the margin-padding issues and a custom CSS like:

.ms-membership-form-wrapper tr:not(.gateway_stripeplan) td {
      padding: 5px;
      border-bottom: 1px solid lightgray;
    }

which will display better the payment tables. You can this snippet via a plugin like https://wordpress.org/plugins/custom-css-js/.

Let me know if you need further assistance on this.
    Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Andy
      • Talking to Teens Host

Thanks Dimitris! What I'm looking to do is just delete all of the text on that screen and replace it with something more like this one from Ramit that will have a picture of me smiling and some seals of approval and a friendly moneyback guarantee:

https://order.iwillteachyoutoberich.com/mm/pro/12pay/?

I understand that this screen is generated by the plugin so it's not easy. But users are asked to enter their billing info on this screen so it's the most important screen on the website!

Here's one idea I had:

What if I build all the content I want to add in HTML and then use an HTML snippet plugin to turn it into a shortcode? Then maybe we can figure out how to add do_shortcode statements to the plugins template file so that my new HTML will be added to the page above and below the "pay with credit card" button? Then we can use CSS to hide the existing text, or just delete it from the template entirely.

What do you think? Is there an easier way to achieve this? I'm just thinking here hahaha so please let me know if there is a better way.

Also, I'm going to put in a feature request for the ability to edit these pages!

Enthusiastically,
      Andy

• Oguz
    • QA Engineer

Hey Andy ,

Hope you're well.

Looks like you deactivated Membership plugin on your website, so I couldn't check. But, basically, we have shortcodes for Membership 2 plugin that you can check from Membership 2 > Help > Shortcodes from your wp-admin.

There is a shortcode to show registration form which is [ms-membership-register-user]. So maybe you can build your page as you wish and put the registration form to the necessary place. Is that can solve your needs?

Cheers,
    Oguz

• Andy
      • Talking to Teens Host

Hey Oguz,

Thanks for noticing the Membership 2 plugin was deactivated. It shouldn't be! I have turned it back on.

Yes, I have already done what you recommend and built a Register page using the shortcode. But my current issue is with the Checkout page, which comes after the Register page. It is automatically generated by the plugin and it is impossible to change it right now.

I'm trying to figure out a workaround to let me build my own page there!

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Best regards,
      Andy

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there Andy,

hope you're doing well! :slight_smile:

Making changes in this shortcode is requiring some hard-coding in the plugin itself, something that will make it difficult for you to maintain. That's why I proposed the workaround of using JS/CSS code. This can also become a little bit complicated though, especially when adding/removing content, but it's still a possibility via some jQuery methods to get/set/add/remove content:
    https://www.w3schools.com/jquery/jquery_dom_get.asp
    Let me know if you need further assistance on this.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.