Membership & Pro Sites - Confusion with Setup

After taking some time to read the Membership manual I'm sorry to admit that I'm still stuck on setting this up on a multisite installation running BuddyPress. This is my first go round with both plugins and I'm struggling with the basics on both of them so please bear with me as I try to explain things.
Right now I have a static process in place where a user simply clicks a PayPal button which takes them to a PayPal page to pay for a membership.
Enter Membership & Pro Sites.
Basically I'd like to have the following membership features working for this particular project:
1. Upon registering on the site a member has the option of choosing between the following subscriptions or membership levels:

Trial - 14 day
Club Level
New User
Returning User
Visitors

This is the initial process which needs to occur but there's more as I need for the registration form to have some additional fields added. To handle this I've added the required fields to the default registration form. These appeared prior to me activating Membership plugin.

2. Once a plan is selected the user gets the option of creating a single blog which is linked to the membership. The blog option is there by default for all new users so it can be created during registration or after payment is confirmed and the account's created.

3. The users account gets created within BuddyPress and email notifications are sent advising of membership levels and terms. Certain BuddyPress features are inaccessible to non members and visitors.

I have Pro Sites activated and have created some levels:

Trial
Basic
Pro (With Ads)
Pro (No Ads)
Premium

In addition I have enabled some modules and I think I have configured them accordingly. I haven't come across any documentation so all I have to go by is what's listed here:
https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pro-sites/

With Membership enabled I haven't been able to figure out how to view any of the Pro Site pages. All I can see are the subscriptions on the /register page. When clicking the Sign Up button I see the Register page for that subscription along with the default fields. If I complete the form I get an email to that test account. I don't get an email to the administrator account advising of the new user account. Upon clicking the link and trying to log into the account I get an error advising that the account is not active.

Obviously I have things out of sync so this is where I could use some direction. Random questions:

1. How do I resolve the account not active error?
2. Is it possible to customize and add additional fields to that registration form as the same questions need to be answered regardless of which subscription is chosen.
3. Has anyone documented this particular integration? I can't seem to figure out which of these configurations should come first.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

• aecnu

Greetings nusolutions,

Thank you for the great detailed explanations and walk through that you submitted, makes things much easier to get my head wrapped around everything.

The order definitely starts with Membership first and from your details given above there are indeed some major issues with the installation.

First must be Membership and once members are able to join then comes Pro Sites.

Users must go through the Membership registration form, there are no two ways about it.

So this is where you want to start and all other registration possibilities must be directed through membership registration.

Please advise and post a URL to the Membership registration process once you think it is ready for me to work with you going forward with Membership registration page customization and to a successful signup.

Cheers, Joe

• nusolutions

Demo URL: http://demo.nusolutions-demos.com/

Registration is enabled and I only have the Membership plugin enabled. In addition I've created the following subscriptions:

Free Membership
    Club Level Membership
    New Members
    Returning Members
    Visitors

Visitors can see and read but can't participate in anything except maybe a general forum topic where they're allowed to ask questions.

Free - allows a user to create a standard BuddyPress account on the site but not a blog. When they click the Free membership signup button they're taken to a custom form with required profile fields. They receive an email which contains links to activate the account and the available subscriptions. Is it possible to use a custom form instead of the one provided by Membership? If yes then I'll be purchasing Gravity Forms.

Club Members - Same as above except they will have a custom form and can create a blog after paying for their membership.

New Members - Same as above except they will have a custom form and can create a blog after paying for their membership.

Returning Members - Same as above except they will have a custom form and can create a blog after paying for their membership.

I'm still trying to get this working and need clarification on whether it's possible to use custom registration forms. If so I'm looking at either Gravity Forms Dev or User Meta Pro.

Any responses appreciated.

• aecnu

Greetings nusolutions,

Thank you for the URL and indeed I visited the site and registered and clearly this is NOT the Membership registration sequence as mentioned above that has to be sir.

It appears to be from Buddy Press. Therefore we still have an issue that the installation is not following the required registration protocol.

This is what a properly configured membership site registration looks like:
    http://membership.aecnuwpmu.us/register/

You can indeed customize these files. To override any of the pages generated by membership with your own you can easily define the following in your wp-config

MEMBERSHIP_ACCOUNT_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_REGISTRATION_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_SUBSCRIPTION_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_MEMBER_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_UPGRADE_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_RENEW_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_PAYMENT_FORM

using ('MEMBERSHIP_****_FORM','/full/server/path/to/file/');

Please advise concerning the registration sequence.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.