After taking some time to read the Membership manual I’m sorry to admit that I’m still stuck on setting this up on a multisite installation running BuddyPress. This is my first go round with both plugins and I’m struggling with the basics on both of them so please bear with me as I try to explain things.
Right now I have a static process in place where a user simply clicks a PayPal button which takes them to a PayPal page to pay for a membership.
Enter Membership & Pro Sites.
Basically I’d like to have the following membership features working for this particular project:
1. Upon registering on the site a member has the option of choosing between the following subscriptions or membership levels:
Trial – 14 day
This is the initial process which needs to occur but there’s more as I need for the registration form to have some additional fields added. To handle this I’ve added the required fields to the default registration form. These appeared prior to me activating Membership plugin.
2. Once a plan is selected the user gets the option of creating a single blog which is linked to the membership. The blog option is there by default for all new users so it can be created during registration or after payment is confirmed and the account’s created.
3. The users account gets created within BuddyPress and email notifications are sent advising of membership levels and terms. Certain BuddyPress features are inaccessible to non members and visitors.
I have Pro Sites activated and have created some levels:
Pro (With Ads)
Pro (No Ads)
In addition I have enabled some modules and I think I have configured them accordingly. I haven’t come across any documentation so all I have to go by is what’s listed here:
With Membership enabled I haven’t been able to figure out how to view any of the Pro Site pages. All I can see are the subscriptions on the /register page. When clicking the Sign Up button I see the Register page for that subscription along with the default fields. If I complete the form I get an email to that test account. I don’t get an email to the administrator account advising of the new user account. Upon clicking the link and trying to log into the account I get an error advising that the account is not active.
Obviously I have things out of sync so this is where I could use some direction. Random questions:
1. How do I resolve the account not active error?
2. Is it possible to customize and add additional fields to that registration form as the same questions need to be answered regardless of which subscription is chosen.
3. Has anyone documented this particular integration? I can’t seem to figure out which of these configurations should come first.
Any assistance is greatly appreciated.