Membership Pro2 Invite Code Add-On Not Working

I have attempted to get this issue resolved in a response to a previous post and been unsuccessful. Hopefully a new topic thread will help developers answer this question and as well as help others looking for a similar fix.

I was recently upgraded to Membership Pro 2 and have since been trying to mimic settings I had in the previous Membership Plugin (If it ain't broke, don't fix it -- what I had worked perfectly fine and I wish WPMU Developers would have given users to option to keep either the Membership or Install the Membership2. But alas).

I was informed that there IS a way to activate Invite Codes to help restrict registration on websites (Membership --> Add-Ons --> Invite and then an invite code tab will appear under Membership 2 for those looking).

However, this add-on IS NOT WORKING. I can create an invite code (say, "InviteMe!") but when I try to set the option for "Invitation can be applied to these Memberships" no matter which toggle box I check (any or the membership) after clicking save changes it AUTOMATICALLY REVERTS BACK TO "ANY".

I have tried simplifying my membership options to only one membership -- thinking that then the membership code field would be applied to the registration page form, but this doesn't work either.

As a result of this issue, I am losing students and have had to put my site on maintenance mode in order to prevent non-students from registering for the website and gaining access to the information.

Please provide a fix ASAP as I have seen this question asked multiple times within the forums in some variation or another.

(please see previous thread for reference: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/access-code-subscriptions-in-membership2#post-894534)

• Patrick

Hi there @Amy

I hope you're well today!

This topic is a follow-up to this one:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/access-code-subscriptions-in-membership2

So to avoid confusion and duplication of efforts, I've closed that other thread so the discussion can continue here.

I have just tested the Invitation Codes addon and can confirm that it does indeed not function as expected. The settings do not save as you have indicated, and I can see no field on the registration form where the code can be entered by a user.

As such, I have flagged this as a bug and have notified the plugin developer.

As for linking to specific memberships, you can now do that with the Membership2 shortcode like so:
    [ms-membership-buy id="5" label="Sign up now!"]

• Melissa

Has this membership invitation code bug been fixed? I was again forced up (or someone set to an automatic update) to the Membership2 Pro and I still cant seem to list an invitation code as the "payment" to register and gain access to our site. When I go to add on and activate "invitation code" I then see an invitation code option in the dashboard. However, when I attempt to edit the memberships requiring an invitation code, it still reverts to the "all" option rather than take effect.

As this is vital to the working of our site, the bug is hindering the sign up for future students and allows visitors to register, despite their lack of payment off site.

Could you please advise on a work around until this bug is fixed? We need our registration page to function as a sign up via registration form for the "membership: access code" level -- and we need the invite code to be a requirement for the form to be valid and actually sign the user up.

• Sajid

Hi @Amy

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am sorry for the issues you are facing regarding the invitation codes add-on. Its still under development and not yet ready for product sites (still beta version).

I am going to flag SLS (Second Level Support) staff for their invaluable feedback on this matter. May be they can provide a workaround (if possible) for this issue. They will respond here soon.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid