Membership Protected Content page problems

HI

I have a problem with the protected content page. I have 2 access levels, One for Members that has no restrictions and one for Visitors that only has negative rules.

When i first created a visitor access level i placed a negative rule from the menu section and since then i have deleted that Access Level and created a new one with no menu rules, however the Protected Content page still displays when trying to access this menu item.

I have deleted every cache in the corresponding membership pages and the menu page itself, and i have tried on a different computer not logged in but it still displays.

Further to this and more importantly the content that i have restricted with the new Access Level does not display the Protected Content page at all. only displaying the Menu, Header, Footer and a widget under the header, no content section.

Here is a link to the Protected Content page which should exist http://pascop.org.au/account/

And here is a link to a page that is restricted but does not redirect to the Protected Content page http://pascop.org.au/category/resources/

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Stacy,

Hope you're doing well today!

After re-creating the visitor access level did you re-select it via:

Membership > Options. (screenshot attached).

Make sure it's selected there or it won't apply to visitors :slight_smile:

Would you mind granting support access so we can take a look at your access levels? That will help us figure out what is happening here.

You can grant support access via admin dashboard - WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

• stacy_bosel

HI

Thanks for your reply, I am doing good today thanks.

I did reset the stranger access level, originally i used the advanced option at the start of the plugin setup however after encountering the issues i am describing i then used the wizard in standard mode which created the stranger access level for me.

I would be more than happy to grant you access.

Thank you for your help

• Michelle Shull

Hi Stacy!

Sorry for the delay, it looks like support access has expired, but I took a look at the pages you linked, and I have a few ideas.

From the various scripts that are loading on that page, it looks like you're using a caching plugin and a page builder/front-end editor. Either of these may be interfering with how that should-be-protected-content page is rendering. Can you try temporarily disabling both and see if the page is protected as it should be? If it's the caching, try (if it's an option for your caching plugin) disabling an option called "minify."

If it turns out to be the page builder, we can certainly look further for a specific conflict.

Thanks, stacy!

• stacy_bosel

HI @Michelle Shull

Thanks for your reply

I had two "page builders/ front end editors", one was a css editor plugin which i have now deactivated the other is the page Builder theme from Ithemes. which obviously can't be deactivated.

I have also tried deactivating the caching plugin after not being able to find the setting you mentioned and it has had no effect.

I have granted access again and would greatly appreciate any assistance you can provide via the support access.

Thanks

• Tyler Postle

Hey there Stacy,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for granting access :slight_smile:

I can confirm there appears to be a conflict that is stopping the redirection on category pages. Would you be able to temporarily deactivate your page builder just to see if that is the conflict? If the issue is still happening even with it deactivated, then you will also want to temporarily swap to the default 2015 theme - this will let us know whether it's a theme conflict or not.

That way we know what to look into to fix :slight_smile:

Which membership menu items do you still have protected? I can see them all there as a visitor and the only ones that give me a protected content page on the ones where the page it is linked to is a protected one.

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.