Membership protection shortcode not working

We have membership installed and are trying to use the protected shortcodes but they don't seem to secure content on the site. Protecting specific page content with [ms-protect-content], shortcode displays as plain text to the user not part of the membership instead of restricting access to that content.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Chris,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

I did some extensive testing on your site and tried everything I can think of but I can't see why the shortcode doesn't render properly and I can't replicate it on my end no matter what I try.

I made sure that there's no typo in the shortcode, tried using different one, switched themes, copied your mu-plugins on my installation, exported your settings to my end but still nothing :slight_frown:

I'm quite baffled by this and I'll need to get some extra help here from our devs so I've forwarded your thread to them to check it out and see what's going on here.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Ash

Hello there

I have checked your site and found out, for some reason the shortcode is having a conflict with Multiple Membership addon. Unfortunately, I can't mark it as a bug as none of us could replicate this issue, nor we got any report about it so far.

But I do have a workaround for you. I have added the following code in your mu-plugins and it seems working:

add_action( 'plugins_loaded', function() {
    	add_shortcode(
    			MS_Rule_Shortcode_Model::PROTECT_CONTENT_SHORTCODE,
    			array( 'MS_Rule_Shortcode_Model', 'protect_content_shortcode' )
    		);
    } );

Hope it helps! Please feel free to ask more questions if you have any.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.