Membership really meant for use with Buddypress?

Is Membership primarily meant to be used with Buddypress installed as well?

Or is it better on its own as a standalone solution?

• aecnu

Greetings geordie_carswell,

Thank you for the great questions.

Is Membership primarily meant to be used with Buddypress installed as well?

Or is it better on its own as a standalone solution?

And I would recommend staying away form BuddyPress at all costs if possible due to the amounts of bugs inherent in almost every version.

Consider the following:

Buddy Press version 1.6 and Buddy Press version 1.7

Each of them in the very first paragraph indicates they on top of hundreds of bugfixes and take into consideration the possible grief those hundreds of bugs can potentially cause one trying to develop using it and those that seem to come with every version.

And that is the truth of the matter and straight answer regarding this topic.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member and have a GREAT upcoming weekend!

Cheers, Joe

• mangoman

Wow, Joe, I'm completely disappointed with your reply! Ouch! Could we see the changelog and commits and fixes for each of your plugins on GitHub?

Just saying - it's not useful to show bug fixes, is it? Or would it be more helpful to explain why & how they wouldn't function smoothly together.

Why then does WMPMUDEV offer Buddypress documentation?
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/buddypress-2/

I came here all excited to take on this very task after being very pleased with other plugins, and hopeful that I would learn how to tackle a Membership-BP integration.

Now then, could you answer the question: does BP integration work with Membership, or not? And why not?

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Staff Member and have a GREAT upcoming weekend!

Regards,
    John

• aecnu

Greetings Folks,

Sure Membership will work with Buddy Press, I was just pointing out the truth that Buddy Press themselves tell of hundreds of bugs within there own product over and over again.

Fact not fiction and hey - if you folks want to fight with it over and over again that is your business.

Disappointed? You are darn right I am so disappointed that they release a product with "hundreds of bugs" over and over again, year after year, bringing frustration to our members - sure I am disappointed.

Sure we do our best to try to help, but that does not change the facts of "hundreds of bugs"

But hey drive on and enjoy fighting with it if you so choose - they have forums and support for their products if we cannot help and though I spoke absolute truth - proven by their own admission.

Can anyone dispute the fact that they themselves tell of hundreds of bugs?

OK - so you want me to lie - fine it works great - the most fantastic product on the planet and it has no known issues. I am sure that you will never have any trouble using it ... lol

Last but not least, outside of their bugs Membership does indeed work with Buddy Press until the moment one runs into one of those bugs.

Thank you both for your input and good luck with your WordPress installations no matter what flavor of plugins you choose to use - BuddyPress or not.

Cheers, Joe

• mangoman

Based on your pessimistic recommendation, I've decided to move on...

Rather than "fighting with it" as you say, I'll use the <WooCommerce + Groups + Subscriptions> solution instead of your <Memberships + Communities + MarketPress>.

Disappointed - I like so many of WPMUDEV's plugins, but either way I'm hesitant to prepare for what seems like an uphill battle with this particular use case. If I don't have any luck, then I'll return to try another option from WPMUDEV.

Thanks for the feedback.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.