Membership registration does not complete, stops on step 2

When a new user registers, the process is "stuck" on step 2 - select a subscription. There is no button image visible, and the user cannot proceed.

The user account is created, email is sent, all else looks OK.

I've attached an image. I see other posts dealing with this, but no resolution. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi sean.beal and welcome to WPMU DEV!

I believe it may just be that you need to activate and make public your subscription in Membership > Edit Subscriptions.

You also may need to activate your gateway(s) as well at Membership > Edit Gateways.

Could you take a look into that?

Thanks,
    David

• sean.beal
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

David,

Thanks for the reply! Yes, I've activated the subscription and made it public. I've also activated the free gateway. I'd be happy to provide you access to the site should you require it. Anything else I can check?

Thanks,
    Sean

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Sean,

I really can't see why else the subscription button wouldn't show in this case unless the subscription itself has a monetary amount attached to it. Could you maybe provide a screenshot of the subscription so we could take a look at that?

Also, could you try creating a very basic subscription and set a monetary amount to that, then activate one of the PayPal gateways?

And if you could let us know what version of WordPress and Membership you're using, that would definitely help as well.

Thanks,
    David

• sean.beal
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

David,

Here is a screenshot of the free subscription. I guess technically it does have a dollar amount set to it (1 dollar), but I don't see a way to set that to zero. Am I missing something here?

We're using WordPress 3.1.2, and Membership 2.0.6.

I'll hold off on creating a basic pay subscription for now, until you take a look at the screenshot. Thanks again for your help.

Sean

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Thanks for providing that screenshot Sean. That definitely appears to be the issue, that there's a monetary amount of 1 set there. Do you see a blank item that precedes the 1 though?

In my test sites I'm seeing a blank option right before that and setting that allows for the Free gateway to work. Could you let me know if you see that blank option?

Thanks,
    David

• sean.beal
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

David,

Yes, the blank option is there - however, if I set the subscription to use that blank option, the subscription will not update properly - the membership level is not added to the subscription.

Here is what has happened: I edited the existing subscription, set the dollar amount to the blank option, and saved. The subscription no longer contained the membership level - it was removed.

When editing the subscription again, I drag the membership level to the "drop here" section, set the dollar value to the blank option, and save. When I go back to edit mode, the membership level is no longer in the subscription - only the "drop here section".

In other words, without setting the dollar value to at least "1", the subscription will not save properly. I've included a screen shot of the subscription after setting the dollar amount to blank, saving, then editing again.

Let me know what you think, and thanks again.

Sean

• sean.beal
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

David,

Any updates on this? I don't mean to push, but at some point I'll have to decide whether to move forward with this plugin or pursue another. I'd love to get this worked out soon, of course, and stay with this plugin :wink:

Thanks again.

Sean

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi sean.beal, definitely! Sorry for the delay too! I haven't seen that occur before. Could you check the Repair Membership option to see if the database tables verify okay (using the Verify options)?

Alternatively, if you'd like to provide a user account for us, I'll be happy to see if I can resolve this issue that way. If so you can send us that info through the contact form marked attention to David, preferably with a link to this thread for reference.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks,
    David

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from ya with any response in awhile I'm gonna mark this one resolved. If you'd like to go through anything further, feel free to re-open this thread. Alternately, you can also always open up a new one.

Thanks!

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Sean,

Apologies for the mixup. I went ahead and looked at your site. In your 'Edit Subscriptions' area you have yet to define an actual level to attach to a subscription. You need to define the level of access folks signing up for the 'free subscription' will have and then the ability to subscribe should appear.

Obviously, as you mention above if you add a level but don't specify an amount it isn't saving properly. I don't see any js issues or other items that would interfere - but I'm also unable to recreate this issue on my own install. Would you be willing to try the latest beta on the forums here?

I've tested it by recreating your setup and found that it works correctly - and it has the added benefit of being able to specify both the dollars and cents for membership pricing.

Please let me know. It's frustrating to have an issue we're not able to duplicate and I know you've got to be frustrated to not have a working product. I'm thinking installing the latest version may wipe out whatever niggling code issue is taking place:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/membership-version-21-beta-2#post-109969

Please do let us know.

Thanks!

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem
    was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this
    thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not
    Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU
    DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of
    assistance in the future.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.