Membership Registration Form Functionality Question

Hello!

I may have jumped the gun purchasing your membership plugin as I cannot figure out how customizing registration.

I'm trying to set up a membership site and I want the registration form to be considered an "application for membership" if possible. There are 3 different types of membership levels and each application has different questions. Is it possible to customize the form for each membership level? If not, can you recommend a way to have the user sign up then fill out the application?

If it is possible to customize the application/registration form, I'd like the user to be able to add as many "earned credentials" as possible. For instance, if they have a Bachelors degree, Masters degree or multiple certifications, I'd like them to have the option to add as many as possible. I would attach an example application but I cannot attach anything to this message.

I also need them to have the ability to upload documents to us in the application. Or after signing up and paying, at least.

I hope you're able to help with this. Any guidance you can give would be appreciated.

Many thanks,
Chance Knecht

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Chance,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question.

Currently Membership, doesn't include custom fields on the registration form, the only way to show custom fields, is to use BuddyPress, the membership form will then take the custom registration fields setup in BuddyPress.

But only from the base group and not from sub groups, so this can't be conditional.

One way to do this, would be to use a form plugin on a protected membership page and they could then fill in that form.

I've also added this as a feature request, as it'd make a great addition to the plugin :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.