Membership Registration Hold on Authorisation

Good Day Folks

This may sound long winded and may be very amateurish but alas I am new here and I apologize and thank you in advance. I have read the manual through and through but can not seem to get to where I need to be.

I have installed Membership plugin and what i would like to do is have two options of membership that a person can register for but when they submit the registration they have to wait for authorisation.
I seem to have gotten to the stage where i have the two registration options through the free gateway but alas it gives them access immediately, I also wish to block any access to the dashboard etc.... all I want to have these two levels do is restrict access to a few pages at three different levels, public and then my two membership options.

Can anyone help shed some light on this for me please. Again Thank you in advance.

• Kimberly

dermotmulhall,

Hi and Welcome to WPMUdev forums!

Anyone who starts out on a new journey is an adventurer, not an amateur. :slight_smile:
    There are many things I am not familiar with, but that is what makes a community like Dev so special, is we all have different things we know and do well. In no time you will be able to add Membership to your list!

i have the two registration options through the free gateway but alas it gives them access immediately

Without looking at your install, it sounds to me like you have "Enable Incomplete Signups" checked under Membership Options. This means that your users will not receive the required activation email and will have immediate access to your site.

submit the registration they have to wait for authorization

The best way for you to do this, and to ensure you receive notice, is to protect the registration completely and provide a contact form for the user to request membership. There is no way to limit membership to authorization at this time, but it is definitely something that could be considered for a future release. :slight_smile:

I also wish to block any access to the dashboard etc

Make sure you have your Landing page upon successful registration set to an external page. Also, this is a nice article to help you with removing the Admin bar for your subscribers.

Please let me know if you need anything more! I am attaching a couple of pics to help reference :slight_smile:

Best,

Kimberly

If the above action did not result in the resolution or common end to this ticket then please feel free to come back here for comment. Just be sure you mark "Not Resolved" to re-open or we might miss it! :slight_smile: Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.