Membership registration info not mapping to BP Profile info

We upgraded a number of plugins about two weeks ago and I now have issue with the Membership/BuddPress interface that we have not had before….

I have looked for comments about this but all of the previous questions (dating from September last year) have NOT been fixed. As many webmasters use BuddyPress as well to run their communities, as well as there now being BP 1.5 to contend with, this is now a very serious issue that just seems to be falling through the cracks here….

Here are the issues:

1. When someone registered, I used to be sent an e-mail so that I knew there was a new member. This is important to me. I don’t get that e-mail any more.

2. I have set up the BP Profile fields to include two “must fill in” fields – for their first name and surname. (Very, very important to me as I ask all of our members to network as themselves and not as some silly name or company name – it also helps me to know whether it is a spam registration or not, as spam registrations always had garbage letters in these two fields so I could spot them a mile away!)

When someone registered, they were asked to fill in their information for these two fields in the Registration form. This part still works.

However, the info they fill in used to be mapped to and place in the same fields in the Membership (Users) form. So if I went into the User’s field in the backend I could see what the info was. This no longer happens.

So, they fill in their info for the registration – and then the info vanishes into thin air never to be seen again.

I’ve seen a quick fix given in the forums as:

“Changing line 50 of membershipmembershipincludesincludesbp.registration.form.php

to:

<?php if ( bp_is_active( ‘xprofile’ ) ) : if ( bp_has_profile( ‘profile_group_id=1&hide_empty_fields=0’ ) ) : while ( bp_profile_groups() ) : bp_the_profile_group(); ?>

is working for me.”

Will this work?

And…

? What is the Membership FX fix download that is floating around about? All I’ve read is that it fixes a who bunch of Membership hassles…. But what does it do and is it recommended/safe to download.

And…

When will everything in Membership work with the BP 1.5?? We tried to download the new BP and the whole thing just crashed….