Membership Registration not completing

Per Kimberly: I am starting a new thread. I am experiencing the same problem as discribed in this one: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/membership-step-two-does-not-redirect-to-step-3-on-success.

I am running Membership 2.1.4 and finishing the gateway integration with authorize.net. Membership is set to Live and authorize.net is in test mode. After submitting the credit card information the page goes blank. Checking the admin information, the account was registered and the subscription completed with authorize.net. The admin email receives confirmation of the user registration from Wordpress and 3 emails from authorize.net confirming the payment (showing it was processed in test mode).

The thread referenced above says the fix is to set the "Registration completed page" option to the page you want the new user to see after registration. My setup does not have that option in Membership ->Options.

Any suggestions on why I dont have that option, or how I can fix the blank page?

• Mason

Hiya PartridgeHillMedia,

Membership 2.1.4 is a pretty old version. Any reason you haven't upgraded to the 3.0 version available via the update notifications or download from the Membership page:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership

The option Kimberly mentions is in this latest version. We've also added several improvements to the authorizeNET gateway as well.

Let us know and we'll continue to assist. Thanks!

• Mason

We have a number of folks using the RC-2 version having effectively upgraded from 2.1.4.

I'm sorry you had issues previously. If you run into any, please let me know so we can get them sorted.

I'm happy to look any errors you run into, but we'll need to address them specifically. We had some very great feedback during RC-1 that led us to RC-2. We have some other things in the works as well.

You can always roll back to the previous version if you have to (old versions are available on the download page) but the latest membership really does sort a ton of issues for most folks.

Let us know how you do. Thanks!

• Renaissance Media

I completed the upgrade to WP 3.3.2 and Membership 3-RC-2. I went through all the configuration options in the plugin. Now when I try to register a new user, the form goes directly to the credit card form. The form does not display any pricing information. The authorize.net interface appears to work, but not account is created. The new user gets a notice that they are not logged in after processing the payment. Is there something that needs to be configured differently than in the 2.1.4 version?

• Mason

Hiya PartridgeHillMedia,

Now when I try to register a new user, the form goes directly to the credit card form. The form does not display any pricing information.

The actual steps for registration have been modified so that in the first step you choose your membership level, then create your account, and finally provide payment. This was a more natural, intuitive signup process for folks and is different from the 2.x versions.

I tested signup on your site and was able to create a uesername, but stopped at the payment page.

The authorize.net interface appears to work, but not account is created. The new user gets a notice that they are not logged in after processing the payment.

When you say the account is not created, do you mean they are not added to the correct subscription? I didn't finish payment, but I could already see my account had been created successfully.

If a person is not being added to the proper subscription, or the charge is not going through there may be a problem communicating with the authorizeNET processor. What appears when you click view transactions under the authorizeNET gateway from the Membership>Gateways page?

Is there something that needs to be configured differently than in the 2.1.4 version?

The configuration shouldn't be any different, just the order of steps during signup. Please also verify you have the information entered correctly on the Payment Gateway settings, just to be sure.

Thanks!

• Renaissance Media

masonjames - I dont think you tried my site. I have no record of a user being created.

When you click on register - it goes immediately to the credit card form where there is a separate form for each subscription level. Entering credit information then takes you to the page configured in the options, you are never given the opportunity to create a login account.

The transaction log shows a transaction in testmode with no user.

Subscription User Date Amount Transaction id Status Notes
    One Month 03-05-2012 USD 30.00 TESTMODE Processed None

Here is our site if you need to check again:
    boston.theweddingdirectory.com

Brian

• Mason

Hiya Brian,

Apologies I went to the first site linked to on your previous thread. Went back and checked, and that wasn't you! Whoever they are... looks like the have the signup/login process working :slight_smile:

So, now looking at your site, when I click the subscribe button the page I am taken to is not the default display of the page that is created by membership.

When you look at the subscribe page via the WordPress admin and let me know what you have there?

If everything appears to be default we'll need to try a couple things:
    1. We can try re-uploading the plugin - perhaps something didn't overwrite correctly during the last update
    2. We could try temporarily activating a different theme - maybe there is a conflict with this particular theme.
    3. We could try disabling all other plugins - perhaps a plugin is conflicting with membership registrations.

I've been looking at various user's membership installs this week and can say with confidence that something outside of membership (or a bad update process) is causing problems here.

Thanks!

• Renaissance Media

masonjames:

I got Membership working this afternoon. I tried a number of things to try and figure it out, including all of your suggestions above. In the end I had to completely remove the plugin and re-install it. The auto upgrade did not work and overwriting the files manually did not work. I deleted the plugin from the network admin -> plugin page, and then had to delete files via ftp as they did not all get remove. Once I reinstalled, it worked as you indicated it should. I reactivated all plugins and put my custom theme back up and all is working.

I did notice that while using the pop-up registration form, the new user is not logged in at the end of the process, thought the account is created and the payment is processed. Using the original registration form, the user is logged in at the end of the process.

I'm marking this as resolved, thanks for your help.

Brian

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.