Membership registration page returning 502 error

I'm randomly getting Error 502 on membership registration page. And, for some reason, the registration seems to be working fine if using dummy data but not if using real data for users.

If using dummy data, the registration is successfully working, the user is assigned to the membership and registered to the site, but when using real data it returns the 502 error and the member is not registered to the membership (it is only registered to the site as a new user).

And, on the other hand, when I try to apply changes to automated email they do not save right away when you click the save button, and the page takes several minutes to reload.

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there Emmanuel,

hope you're doing good today! :slight_smile:

It seems that when using Membership 2 Pro and WPMUDEV Dashboard plugins alone, the registration doesn't produce these 502 errors, so this should be some kind of conflict with the rest of plugins.
    In order to narrow this down, start activating the remaining plugins and theme, one by one this time, checking every time for the reported issue, until you reproduce the issue, thus finding the conflicted combination. The following flowchart image can assist you during this test: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Support-Process-Support-Process.gif

As for the emails not getting saved, this is happening due to Object Caching of our Hosting. Please go to Hub/Hosting and in the Tools tab for this site, flush the object cache:

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Emmanuel
    • Flash Drive

Hi,

I already turned off plugins and identified that it's the All In One Events by Timely that is causing the problem. Then all registrations started working immediately. Now, we get some that go through and not others. I went through all 40 plugins one by one and did a dummy registration after activating each one. There is something else causing this issue.

Also, why are user emails not being sent after registration? I have the green check ON for the email I want sent.

• Emmanuel
    • Flash Drive

Hi,

Tested again and found that it's the SendinBlue Subscribe Form And WP SMTP plugin. I need this plugin to send new registrations to my email program for auto signup for the newsletter.

It's not the All In One Events as previously stated.

I'll have to send the developer a message. Their plugin WP version is 4.9.9 and more likely need to be updated or something in conflicting with your plugin and their code.

• Emmanuel
    • Flash Drive

Hi,

Looks like emails are being sent as well. I cleared Object Cache and the email forms do not save. Not sure what the problem is here. The save is delayed for several minutes and not sure how long. I'll come back much later and the new data is there.

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there Emmanuel,

hope you're doing well today and please excuse my late response here.

Tested again and found that it's the SendinBlue Subscribe Form And WP SMTP plugin. I need this plugin to send new registrations to my email program for auto signup for the newsletter.
    It's not the All In One Events as previously stated.
    I'll have to send the developer a message. Their plugin WP version is 4.9.9 and more likely need to be updated or something in conflicting with your plugin and their code.

Did you have any feedback from https://wordpress.org/plugins/mailin/? Because I don't see anything in their forums.
    While this is deactivated, are registrations working 100% correct?
    Please advise!

Looks like emails are being sent as well. I cleared Object Cache and the email forms do not save. Not sure what the problem is here. The save is delayed for several minutes and not sure how long. I'll come back much later and the new data is there.

I forgot to mention that this is tasked up for improvement in the Membership 2 plugin. I really can't provide an estimated time for this update, if there's any workaround/hotfix that we could provide before that, we'll let you know here.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Emmanuel
    • Flash Drive

Hi,

Thanks for the update.

I removed the plugin and all is working now. I did get a response in a private ticket - they said:

I would like to inform you that we are working in upgrading our plugin and the new update will soon be available. Also, in order to test this, could you please share the login credentials and the URL to your WP account?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.