Membership - registration & ping data fields

Hi

We are customising the default fields on the WP sign up form to include;

1. Date of Birth
2. Country

We'd now like to check if / how that these will then be included;

a. in the default Membership register form ?

b. as data fields to ping to other parts of our system - eg. our email provider & a separate application that we will be running that is country / age specific in how it runs (we have the API to receive this data, so just need to know that we can pass it so the application can run properly)

Thanks,
Paul

• aristath

Hello there @prize_days___paul, I hope you're well today!
    As fas as I know, the Membership registration page can only be extended by editing the actual Membership template file for that. So that's going to require some custom coding...

About your other question though, it depends on the API integration that you're using... If you can get the usernames and email addresses of your members then yes, getting the extra info for your custom fields using the get_user_meta() function.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• BizE

Hello Ari

Thank you for the feedback.

On the basis that we should not create complications if we can possibly avoid them,

1. If we went that route, how would you recommend that we carry out any mods to the membership registration eg - if custom coding is required - can we ask the developer as a bespoke mod?

2. Another idea though would be to remove the registration field from the membership template and replace with a banner or text informing user that they need to be registered as a user on the main wp site. So as we will already have DOB & country data here, we can sync that database with our other application and just leave the Membership function to act as the pay wall. If this is feasible, again we would need some guidance on how to proceed.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Regards,
    Paul

• aristath

1. If we went that route, how would you recommend that we carry out any mods to the membership registration eg - if custom coding is required - can we ask the developer as a bespoke mod?

For custom coding tasks you can create a new post on our hobs board on https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/ so that a skilled developer might help you out. :slight_smile:

2. Another idea though would be to remove the registration field from the membership template and replace with a banner or text informing user that they need to be registered as a user on the main wp site. So as we will already have DOB & country data here, we can sync that database with our other application and just leave the Membership function to act as the pay wall. If this is feasible, again we would need some guidance on how to proceed.

I guess that could work too....
    But since this is going to require some custom coding as well, I think it would be best to do it right and try the first option that you mentioned above.

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.