MEMBERSHIP REGISTRATION + ULTIMATE FACEBOOK?

1. Is it possible to add the Ultimate Facebook registration frontend to the Membership Registration Frontend Page?

2. And if so would both forms enter the reg data to the same place?

3. Which I believe is to the Buddypress Profile data...or am I wrong.

thank you

-ry

• yoshimotor

Thanks okay, that brings up 3 questions:

1. Doesn't Membership capture data to fill in the Buddypress DB, or how does that work?

2. If the above is true then it is possible to have a screen that shows both facebook login and a membership login. ( I did notice that WPMUDEV's new site has this option now, are you able to elaborate on WPMUDEV's experience)

3. I just want a membership registration and payment system that supports email verification and/or recaptcha , and facebook login. Please tell me if this could be possible with a few php/css adjustments or if I need to possibly look elsewhere besides WPMUDEV to gain this functionality?

I have been working on this problem for a week with WPMUDEV's plugins and is has been an unclear path so far.

thanks for the quick response

-ry

• Mason

Hiya ry,

Let's take a look here:

1. Doesn't Membership capture data to fill in the Buddypress DB, or how does that work?

Membership uses the default BuddyPress profile fields during registration it's captured exactly as BuddyPress intends. Membership simply checks for BuddyPress, and if it's activated calls the appropriate BP functions.

2. If the above is true then it is possible to have a screen that shows both facebook login and a membership login. ( I did notice that WPMUDEV's new site has this option now, are you able to elaborate on WPMUDEV's experience)

When you say login do you actually mean signup?

Here at WPMU DEV. We have a default "free" account. This gives you the ability to download our free products and really nothing else. We use our own custom product to handle this, but it's similar to what Ultimate Facebook provides.

What you may want to do is create your own signup page that allows for default signup or login via facebook,, then route folks to your membership register page from there. Since they are already logged in the account creation step will be skipped and they can choose a subscription.

Note - this idea will only work where you are ok with folks have some sort of access as a "free" member.

3. I just want a membership registration and payment system that supports email verification and/or recaptcha , and facebook login. Please tell me if this could be possible with a few php/css adjustments or if I need to possibly look elsewhere besides WPMUDEV to gain this functionality?

I've not personally tested the above, but I believe it's a sound roadmap. Again, I've asked some developers about this and we're always looking for ways to improve.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

• yoshimotor

Mason,

What you may want to do is create your own signup page that allows for default signup or login via facebook,, then route folks to your membership register page from there. Since they are already logged in the account creation step will be skipped and they can choose a subscription.

thanks ... great idea

?
    1. In Membership is it actually possible to put the default signup first and then redirect to the suscription page?

2. Or If i create my own then would it be using Buddypress Registration and not membership's form?

3. I have looked for the options in membership to integrate Gravity Forms ( I am assuming i could build a nice facebook|signup page with GF that will work with Membership) but I have not found a option panel that says anything about GF or GF shortcodes in Membership 3.0.1 Admin

thanks again

• aecnu

Greetings ry,

1. In Membership is it actually possible to put the default signup first and then redirect to the suscription page?

Why would one want to do that? Signup and then subscribe? To what end?

2. Or If i create my own then would it be using Buddypress Registration and not membership's form?

No you must use Memberships registration page that you can modify. With Membership it rules the site. Nothing happens without Membership allowing it.

3. I have looked for the options in membership to integrate Gravity Forms ( I am assuming i could build a nice facebook|signup page with GF that will work with Membership) but I have not found a option panel that says anything about GF or GF shortcodes in Membership 3.0.1 Admin

What have you tried with Membership and Gravity forms?

You must try this stuff out to learn it.

By the way, according to your own post your Membership is out of date by a couple of weeks at minimum, version 3.0.2 has been out that long now.

Please update.

Please advise on questions that I asked.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings ry,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

• yoshimotor

I'm opting for a separate SIGNUP | LOGIN | or LOGIN/SIGNUP with FB. Not demanding or including and upgrade or subscription immediately. Then prompting users with an UPGRADE PATH later. For my needs this will work since revenue will not be dependant on a Membership Level.

If in the future Membership would be more GLOBAL to include more of the revenue creating options such as , Marketpress, Affliliates, Fundraising, Etc we would love to have the login sequence attached to Membership.

Now we are opting for separating the functions and writing custom code where needed.

Fingers crossed for now:slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.