Membership renewal not working

Hi! Membership has been installed on this site for almost one year, and renewals are coming up for the first time. However the renewal emails people received do not include a link. Can you tell me which page people should be directed to to renew their subscription, please? And how do I include that link in the emails for renewals?

Best wishes, Andrew.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Abaloo

I hope you are well today and thanks for your question,

Sorry to hear about the issues your having with the plugin, the page is defined within membership > options > membership pages, and in there that’s where the register page is defined :slight_smile:

You can then click view page and see what the link is :slight_smile:

For their renewal emails are you using the built in communication module?

Thank you!

Kind Regards

Jack.

• Abaloo
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Jack. Thanks for getting back to me.

I left this blank in Membershop > Options > Membership Pages for the Subscriptions page – “to use the standard Membership interface” – so I cannot find the page. That is the problem I am having.

Yes, I am using the communications module which is built in.

Best wishes, Andrew.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Abaloo

Thanks for the additional information.

Ah I see :slight_smile: This page needs to be defined still.

In membership > options > membership pages, where you see the registration page drop down, next to that should be “create new page” click that, this should the create your page with the standard membership interface, if that makes sense?

Thank you!

Kind Regards

Jack.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Abaloo

Sorry, I thought i had answered that, in the communications section, set up the renewal email, you may want to set this for ex amount of days before they expire.

You can then add your text and include a full link to the renewals page, Also I noticed I said registration page above, it would actually be the account page sorry for the misunderstanding.

So you’d have in your communication email a link to domain.com/account for example.

Thank you!

Kind Regards

Jack.

• Abaloo

I know how to set up the emails. That is already done!

The question is how to add a link to them so that people can click the link and be taken to the renewal.

The /account page you just advised has no facility for renewing the subscription, only to update personal details.

Please help…this all seems a bit crazy :slight_frown:

• Abaloo

Hi. I am still hoping to have my questions answered on this, and would really appreciate support.

1. How do I add the link to communications email so that renewal emails include a link to the client’s renewals page?

2. The /account page that is advised to be linked to does not include any facility for renewing – only the ability to update personal information.

I thought these would have been things that support would be able to help me with?

If I am not explaining the issue correctly, please tell me that and I will try to do so more clearly. But I have read and re-read and I can’t see what other information I can provide to enable someone with knowledge of this plugin to answer my questions.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Abaloo

I hope you are well today.

Sorry I was thinking of the user making a payment, but it's a renewal, so you want the subscriptions page.

So your subscriptions page would normally be yourdomain.com/subscriptions

Then for linking that in the communications, just paste that link in your current renewal email (screenshot attached).

I hope that works for you :slight_smile: I'm here to help :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards

Jack.

• Abaloo

Thanks you for the response.

It was the subscriptions page I needed, that is perfect thank you.

And thanks for pointing out how to use the link.

Really appreciate the answers thanks, have a great weekend :slight_smile:

AB

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.