Membership Resets after Upgrade

I am using the Membership plugin and have created various paid and free levels including VIP - which is a freemium offering to show valued clients the offerings we have.

I have WordPress set to upgrade automatically.

Unfortunately every time WordPress upgrades it re-sets all my VIP members back to the basic free offering.

P.S. This Plugin doesn't show up in the support ticket drop down.

• Michael Bissett

Hey Ian - Blink Colony, Michael here! :slight_smile:

On it now showing up in the support ticket dropdown, that's because our old Membership Premium plugin has been retired, it's successor would be our Membership 2 Pro plugin.

At this time (since it's been retired for about a year now, and only supported in that it'll receive security updates), I would advise creating a development site, and then testing out an upgrade to Membership 2 Pro there, just to be safe (since you've already had to deal with VIP members being set back).

That, and in the meantime, I'd advise disabling the automatic WordPress updates temporarily, I know that they've been getting pretty far in the beta process, and it may not be too long before another update comes out (they're planning a RC for next week).

In regards to making a development copy, you could use our Snapshot plugin to help create a backup copy:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/snapshot/

Which could then be restored to your development site.

Quick tip: In case Membership 2 Pro decides to send out any emails while upgrading, you can insert this into the development site's wp-config.php to prevent this:

define( 'MS_STOP_EMAILS', true );

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.