Membership - + & - Rules, Protected Pages and Pro site Q's

Hello

Here is what I have:
I have installed Membership and Pro Sites on my network.

I have 4 subscriptions one is Free, the others are paid.

Training will need to be setup as 'Drip Feed' each day ex- Day 1, Day 2, Day 3 etc...

What I want:
I want everything from my members view to happen on my website, When a user logs in, they are taken to their Dashboard NOT WP Profile. ( My website has a Profile Page that will need to contain all account information and affiliate information) - I have installed your Login Redirect Plugin for this to by pass the default WP Profile.

Issues:
I have setup all subscriptions and Levels, I have followed to the tee about how to add Positive and Negitive Rules to each level (even had a second pair of eyes check and go through it with me) After testing loggin in as a free user we kept getting our 'Stranger Danger' Page displaying. We then took out ALL the rules for 'Pages' and we were able to access the members Dashboard. But this would mean it is not protected right? As we ended up (for testing purposes) removed ALL pages from the Positive Rules. But before we removed the entire 'pages' we had all the rules setup for the free user to see, but we kept getting the 'No Access - Stranger Danger Page' ?

Another thing also, under "membership > Options" Shortcode protected content , We have this set to NO - Shortcodes are protected by default. When we have tested placing our shortcode we inserted in the above box on a page, we see the actual Shortcode on the from end of the website - ex: [membersonly] [/membersonly] Is this normal, I assume we should not be seeing this code?

Other Questions while I am here:

Are there 'Shortcodes' for:
Login
Logout
Affiliate information and stats etc ( I want this and any profile and upgrade options ALL displayed on my website NOT the Default WP admin Profile area)

How do I go about setting up a page that contains:
1. members ability to setup their Blogs and setup their Domain Mapping settings right from in my website.

Basically I want my members to access any kind of account information right from their personal dashboard on my site. I want them to be able to create their blogs and check their affiliate details as well as get the affiliate links anytime directly in my sites members area. Just as they will have access to all my tutorials and other information I provide to members. But I am not sure how to allow them to Login to it, nor Logout if needed, or access affilaite info and account info.

I have gone over the information regarding these links here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/drip-feed-your-content-with-the-wpmu-dev-membership-plugin/
https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/create-a-simple-tutorial-site-with-the-wpmu-dev-membership-plugin/

(still having trouble getting my head around how exactly the drip feed thing works - but that will be another lot of questions later!)

If you could be possible take a little time and be as detailed as possible on any help I would certainly appreciate it saves a lot of confusion (if I havent already confused you yet also that is!)

Ok, thank you so much!!

Cheers

Shanni

• NetPotion

I just read this and thought of this post. Maybe it will help explain the unrendered shortcodes at least.

Note regarding Admins and Super Admins

Admin and Super Admin users who have privileges to edit Membership settings see the site as it is, without any restrictions applied. Content will not be hidden from them and shortcodes will appear un-rendered.

In order to properly test membership levels, it's best to use another browser and log into the site as a user with the membership level being tested.

I haven't tried this plugin out just yet, but this did strike me as possibly being the culprit. This will help get your post bumped too ; )

Good luck!

~ Corey

• Shanni

Thanks for the Bump!

If anyone also knows that when I also applied these shortcodes to a page the page for the affiliates the page struggles to scroll and there is an error that is in the bottom left corner (yellow Icon) that says: `Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; FunWebProducts; GTB7.1; Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET4.0C; OfficeLiveConnector.1.5; OfficeLivePatch.1.3; Alexa Toolbar; .NET4.0E; BRI/2)
    Timestamp: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 04:09:17 UTC

Line: 6
    Char: 12255
    Code: 0
    URI: http://MYWEBSITE/wp-content/plugins/affiliate/affiliateincludes/js/jquery.flot.min.js?ver=3.2.1

[affiliatelogincheck]

[affiliateuserdetails]

[affiliatestatstable]

[affiliatestatschart]

[affiliatevisitstable]

[affiliatetopvisitstable]

[affiliatevisitschart]

[affiliatebanners]

This is just an added question to my originals.

• Philip John

Hiya!

First off, have you added pages you want to be visible to the positive rules in your stranger level? Can you show me the rules you have for that level?

Re shortcodes - have you added the membersonly shortcode to the shortcodes settings and adding relevant rules to your levels? Can you show screenshots of the settings here please?

Please also try de-activating all plugins other than membership. The likely cause of the shortcodes displaying this way is a plugin conflict.

The default login/out processes are used so if you want something different to the default you'll need a separate plugin/custom solution for that.

There is equally no front-end administration options for site settings or domain mapping and this is something you would need to have custom developed into your theme or as an add-on.

Thanks,
    Phil

• Shanni

Hi

We are still having these issues - It would seem its a IE issue, I am using IE8. Now the page really feels heavy so heavy in fact that it wont scroll down very well.

I have tested it in Firefox works perfectly - scrolls beautifully, this problem seems to be IE related.

Do you know how this can be fixed as many still use IE??

My post above:

If anyone also knows that when I also applied these shortcodes to a page the page for the affiliates the page struggles to scroll and there is an error that is in the bottom left corner (yellow Icon) that says: `Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; FunWebProducts; GTB7.1; Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET4.0C; OfficeLiveConnector.1.5; OfficeLivePatch.1.3; Alexa Toolbar; .NET4.0E; BRI/2)

URI: http://MYWEBSITE/wp-content/plugins/affiliate/affiliateincludes/js/jquery.flot.min.js?ver=3.2.1

[affiliatelogincheck]

[affiliateuserdetails]

[affiliatestatstable]

[affiliatestatschart]

[affiliatevisitstable]

[affiliatetopvisitstable]

[affiliatevisitschart]

[affiliatebanners]

This is just an added question to my originals.

• Shanni

Hi
    Ok here are my answers to your questions -

First off, have you added pages you want to be visible to the positive rules in your stranger level? Can you show me the rules you have for that level? = DONE - now all working

Re shortcodes - have you added the membersonly shortcode to the shortcodes settings and adding relevant rules to your levels? Can you show screenshots of the settings here please? = This has been currently left for now - as we have decided that our entire members area is now protected, so there is no need for parts to be protected.. Visitors can only see what we allowed and members have full access to all members area...

Please also try de-activating all plugins other than membership. The likely cause of the shortcodes displaying this way is a plugin conflict. = See above comment to last question.

The default login/out processes are used so if you want something different to the default you'll need a separate plugin/custom solution for that. = DONE, we have created our own login and works perfectly.

There is equally no front-end administration options for site settings or domain mapping and this is something you would need to have custom developed into your theme or as an add-on. = We are looking into this further to have our members create their own blogs within our members area. We were hoping to get more feedback on this from you guys here, looks like we have to work this out ourselves...

Back to my last questions as your questions do not address my last post. - About the Affiliate Plugin I downloaded from you guys. It works perfectly (front end) scrolls great in Chrome/Firefox.... No errors nothing!

BUT it has big issues in IE....

I am talking about when you login to the members area via my domain, then go to the Affiliate Menu Link - once there on the page, it has big trouble scrolling and has the little yellow icon with the error message in it....

There seems like no problems in the administration WP backend area for it only from the users end on the website in IE only - (I am using IE 8) My partner on his PC is having the same issue in IE as well....

I have pasted the error message here again ...

• Mason

Hiya Shanni,

Thanks for the additional information. I got a bit confused as this new question is quite different from the original post here and that makes things confusing.

I know someone else mentioned an issue with IE and affiliate, but that thread was abandoned without a solution. If you'll post the details on this specific issue in a new thread, we'll make sure the developer comes by to take a look at this with you.

Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.