Membership Serial plan recurring payment

Hello wpmudev support team,

I use Autorize.net ARB.
I have some subscribe plans.
All these plans have a serial mode.

First question:
When a person registers using a coupon, when their membership automatically renews will the renewal rate be the discounted rate? In other words, I join with a 50% off coupon for a monthly membership. I am charged $3.50 today. In one month am I charged $3.50 or $7.00?

Here's another question.
If I am given a gift certificate with a coupon code for 100% off. I join today for a 3 month membership with my 100% off coupon code. In three months, am I automatically renewed for free?

Thanks for your time!

• stacey

Thanks @aristath,

So, for example, if I need to have the coupon work for the first subscription month only and I have s serial mode enabled in the subscription plan, while creating a coupon, I'll have to set apply to serial level, right?

And when the subscription plan will end, even if it's a free coupon, the user will have to enter his data to the payment form and pay for the next month, right?

The case is if the user will use 100% coupon he will have his payment gateway value set to "admin". Will this user be able to pay through authorize.net?

Thanks again!

• aristath

So, for example, if I need to have the coupon work for the first subscription month only and I have s serial mode enabled in the subscription plan, while creating a coupon, I'll have to set apply to serial level, right?

Well, not exactly...
    If you want the coupon to only work for the first month of a subscription, then the subscription level should be set up in 2 steps:
    1 month - finite
    1 month - serial

Then you can apply the coupon to the finite part of your subscription.

If you set the coupons to be applied to the serial subscription then the coupon will be applied each month.

And when the subscription plan will end, even if it's a free coupon, the user will have to enter his data to the payment form and pay for the next month, right?

The case is if the user will use 100% coupon he will have his payment gateway value set to "admin". Will this user be able to pay through authorize.net?

If you set it up the way I described above, even if the coupon is 100% off, it will not be assigned the "admin" payment gateway.
    You just have to make sure that your subscriptions are 2-stepped.
    If you set it up as a single step and apply the coupon, then everything will be free, thus the admin payment gateway will be applied since there is no need to actually go through the payment gateway.

I hope that clarifies it...

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.