Membership Set up Questions

Hi-

I've installed and am going through the set up process, but I'm a little unclear on how to do a couple of things easily.

First, I have a group who gets access to everything. Do I have to drag every form of content into the positive rules in order to make that happen? Or is there a simpler way to do that?

And since it isn't currently in the membership plugin, and marketpress isn't integrated, does anyone have any ideas about how to implement different prices for a membership without having to set up different membership levels reflecting that?

Lastly, I know you can protect downloads, but should I make stand alone downloads a product in the store instead of a membership download? Are there any use cases out there we could look at?

Thanks everyone!

• Mason

Hiya kipprsnak,

First, I have a group who gets access to everything. Do I have to drag every form of content into the positive rules in order to make that happen?

Perhaps Barry can chime in and confirm, but yes, I believe the best way to create an 'all-access' level would be to put all rules in the positive area.

does anyone have any ideas about how to implement different prices for a membership without having to set up different membership levels reflecting that?

You'll need to create different levels or subscriptions for each separate price. You can clone levels though so once you have the rules set correctly you can just copy it.

Lastly, I know you can protect downloads, but should I make stand alone downloads a product in the store instead of a membership download?

If you're offering just a purchase of an item separately from any membership, then I think it'd make more sense to offer it through an e-commerce solution. There's nothing wrong with having both options available - the end user wouldn't need to know there was a difference.

Are there any use cases out there we could look at?

Not that I'm aware of, but these are very new plugins. This is also one of the reasons we'll be adding the wiki and showcase section for members very soon. That way we can easily oooh and ahhhh over folks' work.

Thanks!