Membership Shortcode Not Working

I’m using the latest version of the Membership plugin and am trying to get the [subscriptionform] shortcode to work on the page I’ve created. The form is not showing up. If I leave things to a default registration page, the form will show up – just not when using the shortcode.

Any ideas as to why this might be happening?

• Jorgen Juel
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi @karks88

It is working on my installation.

It would truly help a lot if you provide a link to the website.

There might be an error with the insertion of the shortcode rather than the shortcode itself, make sure you paste it in without any (or as little as possible) formating..

• Jorgen Juel

Okey, so the shortcode should work.

That makes it seem like a compatibility issue, perhaps some other plugins interfere with your current plugin.

If possible, try to deactivate all your other plugins and then see if it is working.

I think you posted the wrong link.

edit: previously the link somehow redirected to this article.

Jørgen Juel

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings karks88,

Sorry to see that you are having an issue with your WordPress installation and the Membership plugin

I visited the link you gave and it does not appear that there is any implementation of the short code there.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• karks88

@jorgen, that’s a great suggestion. Unfortunately we don’t have any caching plugins used on the site.

And actually now I’m going to use a little workaround for the issue. That should work until this other issue is figured out. Thanks for your help guys!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings karks88 and Jorgen Juel,

@jorgen Juel Great point! If one has caching enabled while developing – this would not be a good idea and one is just asking to have head games played on them and at this stage of development if one needs caching they definitely got the wrong host.

@karks88 If not running caching which you should then disable and clear, it is time to go into full blown trouble shooting mode because it appears there may be some conflict there and one way to find out conclusively.

Standard plugin trouble shooting protocol – first to switch to the Twenty Eleven theme just long enough to check for the problem – if the problem still exists next involves deactivating all plugins except the plugin in question and then see if the issue still exists.

If it does not, then you want to activate plugins one at a time testing in between to see if the issue returns. Even when you find one plugin, it may be in your interest to deactivate the problem plugin and continue testing the rest of the plugins to insure no others are also conflicting.

You will know the conflict when the issue returns and which plugin(s) you activated that cause the issue.

Please advise if there are any plugin conflicts and if so what the plugins are that are conflicting.

Cheers, Joe

• karks88

Looks like the offending plugin was Simple Facebook Connect. Thank you for your help!

Now, a separate question (my apologies if this should be a new topic). We’re using PayPal for the payment gateway. My client has a PayPal Pro account, and we’re wondering if there is a way to keep the payment process on our site transparent, without having to be redirected to PayPal’s site?

• karks88

Just one more question (for now, LOL). If I’m going to have recurring payments on the site, is it better to use the PayPal Express or PayPal Single Payments gateways? I’m assuming Express but just wanted to double check.

• Jorgen Juel

Hi again.

The express gateway is fastest.

But express require the customers to log in through their Paypal user (or register and login), while as the standard gateway does not require customers to login (they can just pay witha credit card)

That being said the express gateway has fewer pages to go through and according to PayPal it increases sales by 14% on average.

I hope this helps.

Jørgen Juel

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings karks88 and Jorgen Juel,

Thank you both for your input here and it was great looking through it and I found all information to be accurate as well.

The biggest difference between the PayPal Express gateway and the single payments gateway is that with the express gateway a subscription is created and for example monthly payments the end user does not need to do anything more.

With the single payments gateway this is not the case so a Monthly subscription would require the end user to go through the payment system monthly.

Thank you both for being WPMU DEV Community Members!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.