Membership sign up page

How do you bespoke the membership sign up page? i.e. remove the 'Have a coupon code?' section?

And rather than having to click to the membership page and then having to click again on the 'sign up' button making it a two stage procedure to even get to the sign-up form, is there a way of making the form show directly?

I've tried the AJAX version of the form which shows up immediately, but I'm finding some people who are testing the site can't get the form to open.

Also, is there are way to force membership sign-ups to be approved by the administrator of the site before the person is granted access to the site?

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

Hi there @_776

to remove the coupons code add this line to your theme's css

.membership-coupon{display: none;}

Also, is there are way to force membership sign-ups to be approved by the administrator of the site before the person is granted access to the site?

are you talking about free levels?

I've tried the AJAX version of the form which shows up immediately, but I'm finding some people who are testing the site can't get the form to open.

Was this a browser specific issue? which browsers were they using.

And rather than having to click to the membership page and then having to click again on the 'sign up' button making it a two stage procedure to even get to the sign-up form, is there a way of making the form show directly?

Just create a menu item or link with a direct link to the signup form

Cheers

Hiya,

Sorry for some reason the system didn't ping me to let me know you replied, are you still having the same problem

Cheers! Tom

• _776
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

The membership to the site is free for all people who sign up.

No, I was talking about having the membership sign up being approved by the administrator of the site before they are granted a membership to the site.

Or even an activation email to the users email address rather than allowing them to instantly sign-up without any kind of email verification. You know, like you get on most sign-up oriented sites.

Not sure what the issue was with AJAX - but I'm happy to go straight to a flat page rather than fancy pop-up form that might have soem browser issues.

Thanks for the other replies too.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings _776,

Knock, Knock - Housekeeping --> Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.