membership sign up page not working

I don't know what has happened, but my membership plug in is acting poorly. I am using the Business Portfolio theme with BuddyPress and Membership Premium 1.0.5

After filling out the subscription form and clicking 'sign up', instead of being taken to the gateway choices it now takes everyone to a blank 'subscribe now' page--it doesn't even show the subscription form (here is the url to that page, http://sisterhoodofsupport.com/subscribe%20now/).

And, even though it seems as though the sign up did not complete, these new registrants are shown as users and members. When I tested it myself and tried to log in I was sent back to the home page for strangers.

I have deleted the membership folder and reinstalled it, checked the options page, deactivated and reactivated the gateways, but still have the same problem.

What should I do?

Thanks.

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi JoAnn!

Let's see about sorting this out for you :slight_smile:

Are you using any plugins that affect the registration process (e.g. Terms of Service)?
    What other plugins are you using?

I noticed that the URL you posted contains a space (that's what "%20" means) so have a look through your settings and make sure you don't have a space where there shouldn't be one...

Phil

• JoAnn
    • The Incredible Code Injector

The sign up process has been working for several weeks and I did not install any new plugins so I am just stumped as to why this is happening.

The url is exactly the same when I click the 'subscribe now' button from the home page, (http://sisterhoodofsupport.com/subscribe%20now/) which shows me the subscription form. Then, after I fill in the information and click the 'sign up button I am redirected back to the identical url but the subscription form is not showing, just the page that simply says, 'Subscribe Now'.

This is really an issue. I have closed all new registrations temporarily until I can get this fixed.

Thanks.

• JoAnn

I wrote a new 'subscribe' page with the subscription form shortcode. Again, when I click the 'subscribe now' button from the home page I get the subscription form, but after I have filled in all of the information and click the 'sign up' button I are redirected back to the subscribe page with no form and no where to go. It should take me to the gateway page where they can choose the type of subscription.

Here is what it looks like:

• JoAnn

I see another issue also. I have deleted the 'Subscribe Now' page and replaced it with a 'Subscribe' page. So, the Subscribe Now page is completely gone.I have cleared the cache on my browser. I have chosen the new 'Subscribe' page in my membership options. I have refreshed everything--yet the 'Subscribe Now' page keeps showing up on all of my browsers (along with that %20).

How can that be? How can that page keep showing up when I have deleted it?

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone right now.

Thanks.

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

JoAnn,

As the page with the %20 keeps appearing I can only assume that you have a setting somewhere that is set to 'subscribe now' where it shouldn't be.

Please check through all your settings for something like that. Especially check your gateway settings at that seems most likely.

Thanks!
    Phil

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya JoAnn,

I just attempted a registration on your site and it wouldn't let me complete the process. Do you have subscriptions/levels/gateways as active?

It's got to be a setting somewhere. We'll help ya get it sorted. Got a screenshot or two of your settings?

Thanks!

• JoAnn

Thanks Mason, I really appreciate it. I hope I did not inadvertently mess something up last weekend when I installed the new beta version of membership--just wanted to see what goodies it had. I looked it over and then uninstalled it and put the current version back.Doesn't seem like that should have done anything, but, you never know.

Here are a bunch of my settings. Subscriptions are active and public, levels and gateways are all active.

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi JoAnn,

I'm just looking at your screenshots and I've spotted the following...

You have the following gateways active;
    - Free subscription
    - 2Checkout

In the settings for "Free subscription" you are using a PayPal button - are you sure this is correct? (see PayPal.jpg)

Phil

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hmmm...

On your screenshots, there are several fields that should have dropdowns, but they don't appear to. I think it may be your browser as some of the other stuff seems a bit different as well.

If you'd like, you can send super admin login through our contact form and mark it to my attention (Mason) through this link:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

I'm stumped as to what the issue is, but maybe I can see something that we've missed by logging in.

Thanks!

• JoAnn

Hey Mason,

Just wanted to let you know I got the membership sign up working. I re-installed the new beta version of the membership plugin, and it would not work until I changed my network options to allow user registrations, which seems to be against the recommendation of the plugin.

For now everything is working. The only things I changed were to reinstall the new beta memberbship plugin and allow user registrations under the network options.

Thanks so much to everyone for your help.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.