Membership signup flow seems off

Hi,

Not sure if this flow is the desired outcome of the plugin, but I think it seems like an unnecessary extra step.

Example:
1) User selects "Free subscription" from the register page
2) User fills out registration form for free subscription
3) Upon successful registration, the user then has to select the subscription once again (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/120937783/Screenshots/Screen%20Shot%202013-09-18%20at%2014.36.45.png)

Problems with this:
1) There is no email confirmation
2) The user must reselect the subscription they want after they have registered

Any ideas?

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Louise

I hope you are well today and thanks for your question.

The workflow sounds correct of how the plugin currently works, it should be and appears to be.

1) Select subscription.

2) Fill out registration info.

3) Click subscribe (to add the subscription to the account).

By default there is no email confirmation, though we're love to hear what you'd like to see to improve this workflow and improve the plugin, all members ideas are always very welcome :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Louise

Hi Jack

Thanks for your quick reply.

How difficult would it be to automatically add the subscription to the account upon registration? I haven't attempted it yet, but it seems at a glance this wouldn't be too much work? It feels like it's an unnecessary step since the user has already selected which plan they want before the registration form.

Email confirmation is actually a requirement for me, which puts me in a difficult situation now. I assumed Membership would ship with this functionality because it is default to Wordpress, or at least offer the ability to turn it on/off.

Any ideas?

Thanks again!

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there Louise,

Thanks for the additional questions, it would be quite difficult, as it is auto applied but not till after that second click of the registration button, which I can understand does indeed seem unnecessary step :slight_frown: Hopefully we can change this in a future version so it has a better workflow throughout the plugin :slight_smile:

On the email confirmation, this is a difficult one, the registration process is actually completely separate from WordPress, so it doesn't hook into the default email confirmation, as it allows the setting of passwords, this is down as a feature request as far I'm aware, but it's currently not available.

I hope that makes sense and sorry I don't have better news on that.

This may not work depending on the size of the site, but how about using the default wordpress registration and then setting the memberships manually in the admin end, so you still send confirmation emails automatically with WordPress.

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.