Membership Site Plug-in Issues

Hi,

I've been trying to find a way to resolve the issue that I am having by looking at other posts but I cannot find a definitive answer that works for my situation.

What I am looking to do is create a memebership site that works as follows....

When a user has signed up to my memebership site I want the content to be drip fed to them on a weekly basis. They would first enter into a trial at $2 for 14days. During this period they would have access to week 1 then after 7 days week 2 content would open up. After this 14 day period I would like the memeber to be charged $27 a month for the remainder they are subscribed.

For example

Week 1 - $2 Trial (Week 1 content unlocked)
Week 2 - $0 (Week 2 content unlocked)
Week 3 - $27 (Week 3 content unlocked)
Week 4 - $0 (Week 4 content unlocked)
Week 5 - $0 (Week 5 content unlocked)
Week 6 - $0 (Week 6 content unlocked)
Week 7 - $27 (Week 7 content unlocked)

and so on....

What I have done so far is to create pages for each bit of content, I create a page called 'Week 1' For Week 1's content to which I uploaded all the content for week 1, I have done this for all pages and it works fine.

I then entered levels for each page.

So at level 1 you have access to the page week 1
at level 2 you have access to page week 1 and week 2
at level 3 you have acces to page week 1 , week 2 and week 3

and so on....

I then entered these into the subscription and added a payment for each week based on the payment process I illustrated above.

I was pretty content with everything working fine until I came to test the subscription page.

I got the following error message

"Invalid second trial period. You must specify valid values for the A2, P2 and T2 parameters for a subscription."

Please could you advise on how I can go about setting up my memebership plug-in so I can deliver content in the manner illustrated above?

Thanks, Joseph

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @esubmarine - as I always say :slight_smile: Can you post some screenshots of your subscriptions, options page and levels? It's a lot easier if we can see how you have got something set up, and screenshots are extremely helpful in this case.

• esubmarine
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Ivan, thanks for the response, look forward to hearing your reply.

Barry, I have uploaded the screen shots you requested, I have not uploaded a screenshot for the options page as I have changed nothing on this page. The only payment processor I have activated is PayPal.

Thanks

• esubmarine
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

It's prob just something I am doing wrong, I'm not a programmer, with no knowledge of coding, but I assumed that I would be able to work it out. Hopefully together we can work out a solution. I think I've given an OK description of what I want the site to achieve.

I know this might sound like a stupid question as well, but what do I do about user log-in features and stuff like that. From what I see this plug-in allows users to sign up to a subscription and do a load of other neat stuff. Yet when they are a memeber how do they access the site and login to it?

I purchased the plug-in with the assumption that I'd be able to get the whole thing up and running with ease, but I rather confused about how to get the whole thing working. Would love some clarity on this. Cheers guys. Sorry for being a little bit slow with it all and so many questions. I'm just really looking forward to having my site up and running as I've got nearly 3 months of content written already :smiley:

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya esubmarine,

Yet when they are a memeber how do they access the site and login to it?

They'll access the site and login through your default login form. This is done by your theme. If you need more specifics let us know, but your theme will need a login/logout area for sure.

And no worries. We're here to help walk you through the whole thing. If you have several questions you may want to drop into one of our live chats as well:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/live-support/

Thanks!

• esubmarine
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I was scanning through your themes, but couldnt see a login one. Do you have a theme that has this function. If so I'd appreciate if you could direct me towards it so I could upgrade my account and download it :slight_smile:

Thanks for the help so far.

Can't wait to hear about the payment processing part aswell

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.