Membership site using sub folders

I need a little advice. I’m building a membership site with four or five sections to start. For the last week I’ve been learning about professional membership plug-in, my first attempt was to add it on to another WP network using sub domains.

I finally gave up on that and created a new network site from scratch. Only I used subfolders this time.

My thought was that each section could be a subfolder. That would give me much more flexibility in colors and menus, etc.

For instance, let’s say this site was all about colors.

So there first remains section of the site would be called colors.

There could be a subfolder for red, blue, yellow, purple, orange, whatever.

And when a subscriber logs in, he could be taken to the proper section which would have its own separate identity, look and feel.

So what I want to know is, has it been none before, what are the odds of it working?

Many

Thanks

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings rmahon,

Thank you for the great question but I would guess that you will find the same challenges using the sub folders as you were using sub domains because the folders you find do not actually exist with files in then.

As with sub domains it is all dynamic and the difference for the most part is only how one is addressing the sub site, either by sub domain or by sub folder.

So what I want to know is, has it been none before, what are the odds of it working?

This is indeed how the entire thing works already. When one logs in they are indeed in their own unique place/space in the installation which can be on the main site and/or the sub sites.

I really do not understand what you are trying to get at or what you want to know since this is indeed how the system works.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• rmahon
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I think the problem I was having is that was a multisite using mapped domains. . Now what I put on a new site by itself, it seems fine. although I’m still setting it up and learning about it.

Thanks for the help

ROn.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.