Membership site with appointments

Hi,
My client wants a part of his fitness site to be protected for members only, something I believe I can do with membership pro.
He also want clients to be able to book classes, see what classes are available and pay for them online.
I am sure all this can be done with membership pro and appointments +....
but here is the tricky bit.
He also want members to be able to login to see inside their account what they have booked and paid for, ie: upcoming bookings and past attendance. Is this possible please?

• Ash

Hello @Andy

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

Yes, membership and appointments works fine with each other. And what you want about the protection is pretty much possible.

He also want members to be able to login to see inside their account what they have booked and paid for, ie: upcoming bookings and past attendance. Is this possible please?

You can use shortcode. You need to use [app_my_appointments] shortcode. The following should work for you:

[app_my_appointments status="paid,confirmed,pending"]

You can see all shortcodes and usage in Dashboard > Appointments > ShortCodes.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

• Ash

Hello @Andy

if my membership expires, what happens to the tutorial videos I have installed on sites and are they unavailable for use after expiry if I use the embed code or Dev Dashboard plugin to deploy them?

The videos won't be accessible by the users when his membership will be expired. The membership plugin is for selling your article. In other words, you can protect your website content from visitors and charge your users to give access to that protected content. So, if the videos are protected in your site, users can't access those videos/content when their membership is expired.

I see there is a contact widget in the plugins, but I was expecting a fuller contact plugin. Are there any plans to release a contact form plugin in the near future?

You can use contact form 7 plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/contact-form-7/

If I need to set up fitness classes for fully paid members and one off payments for guest members, can I do this via the membership or appointments gui?

Well, I am little confused. Membership and Appointments are two different plugin.I think you will need membership to protect the course modules, units etc.

Appointment plugin is used for booking, like you have a spa service or you are a consultant. Then your users can book different slot to buy service etc.

N.B.: Please create different thread for different topic, so that in each thread we can focus on one issue in each thread :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Ash

• Ash

if my membership expires, what happens to the tutorial videos I have installed on sites and are they unavailable for use after expiry if I use the embed code or Dev Dashboard plugin to deploy them?

I think I got it wrong? Do you mean about your membership and the tutorial video plugin?

If yes, then you are right. If your membership expires, you won't get access of those tutorial videos.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.