Membership site with sub-domains or sub-directories

Hello
I'm setting up a Membership site that requires e-commerce for product sales and a business directory for members to access. Will the single Membership plugin work for limiting access to paying members for the main site, e-commerce and business directory?
If each plugin requires it's own blog, what would work best for the single Membership plugin to handle everything, sub-domain or sub-directory? Also, is a MU site required? I just upgraded hoping to keep all the Themes and Plugins coming from one source!

Thanks!!
Jack

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Jack

Greetings from the WPMU DEV Support Team and thank you for being a member of our community.

In my humble opinion I would create a Multisite. This will give you much more flexibility in terms of managing and providing access to certain plugins. So your Membership site will be on the main site and then you provide access/ level from there to sub-directories or sub-domains.

By the way, having sub-directories is easier to manage than sub-domains, so this is entirely your decision, but both can work.

Please let me know if you have any more questions. The concept you have is great and I would love to see how this develops. :slight_smile:

Have a good weekend.

Gina

• jmeyers
    • New Recruit

Thanks Gina
    Since I already have the sub-directories I think I'll install the membership plugin and get started. I already have a premium shopping cart and directory installed, but would like to keep everything together under WPMU products. I'll let you know how it all works out.

Thanks again!
    Jack

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.