Membership stage 2 redundant if just using for Free?

Hi,

I am using Membership to allow registered users to have access to certain pages and buddypress features.

When you are registered you get access. In the future I will expand to include a paid subscription but that is not required now.

So, because there is only one option at stage 2 – choose the free subscription model, is it possible to by pass the step 2 section?

It is confusing and unnecessary to be sent to press the free subscription button straight after registering (especially as it is a paypal button)

Step 2. Select a subscription

Please select a subscription from the options below.

Free Subscription

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Elliot

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Elliot :slight_smile:

well sir I would have to say that this would require custom coding which is not supported here in this forum.

However, coming soon is a brand new re-work from the ground up of the Membership Plugin.

Therefore with that being said unless you want to do custom coding, I would recommend living with it for awhile until the new release comes out – then things like this we can easily get the Developer thereof to address.

Idea: You may want to just change the graphic for PayPal with a custom graphic of your that says something like “registration complete click here to continue”

Joe :slight_smile:

• nalts
    • Flash Drive

Hi Elliot-

One reason you may not want to go the route you’re think of is so you can capture the contact information of your subscribers and start building your mailing list.

I would describe it as registering for free to allow access to all of the great free content. Give your subscribers a reason to join, and they will.

Good luck!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.