Membership stuck in simulation

Membership plugin is activated in a subsite and it stuck in simulation mode. After an attempt to exit it, it shows that admin doesn't have access to the back end.

Plugin for a conflict is made, only after renaming the membership folder the back end access open

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello don,

I hope you're well today!

I have checked the site and managed to get it out of the test mode with an additional code in functions.php file of the current theme of /friends site.

The problem with test mode getting stuck seems to be related to one of the libraries that the plugin is using that doesn't work as expected in some specific (though quite rare) cases. The next release of the plugin is supposed to fix that so I let myself test it on your site. Unfortunately, it didn't help here.

That being said, I have left the code that I used to "unstuck" test mode in "functions.php" file of the /friends site active theme but I commented it out so it wasn't interfering with anything. I have also left Membership 2 Pro plugin disabled on site to avoid the issue of "cutting you off" of site for now.

There are in fact two Membership 2 Pro plugins installed now: current 1.1.2 version and a pre-release 1.1.3 version. I left them both inactive currently and I reached out to our developers for a helping hand on this so please keep an eye on this thread for further information.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello @kia70256!

Actually, you can enable Membership 2 Pro and it should be working fine as long as you don't use "Test Membership" mode (that is, until our developers will deal with that, as mentioned in my previous post).

I should explain that in my previous response but I didn't, I'm sorry about causing confusion.

At this moment, the "Test Mode" is "unstuck" so if you enable the plugin (though I'd suggest enabling 1.1.2 version, not the 1.1.3 beta that's also installed), all the data is there and the plugin itself should work.

Also, in case you got stuck in Test Mode again for some reason (but if you don't use that tool it should all be fine for now) do as follows:

- access the site via FTP or cPanel File Manager
    - go to the /wp-content/themes/Cactus_divi/ folder
    - open "functions.php" file for editing
    - at the very end of the file there's this line:

// MS_Factory::load( 'MS_Model_Simulate' )->delete();

- un-comment it (by removing the // from the beginning)
    - open the front-end in the browser where you're logged in as super-admin (I was working on /friends site so that would be the one, I think)
    - try exiting test mode, you will most likely get an error again so open that site one more time and exit one more time - after the 2nd or 3rd time it disabled the Test Mode and everything's back to normal.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello @kia70256!

Did you use the Test Membership option and get stuck in it again? There's no need to un-comment that line if you didn't use that option and not get stuck in it.

It also shouldn't be "un-commented" if Membership 2 Pro is disabled.

The bottom line is: I left the site with Test Membership mode disabled, plugin disabled and the line in "functions.php" commented out. Enabling the plugin and not using Test Mode should not cause any issues and the plugin should work.

If you are not stuck in Test Membership mode, then make sure that the line in functions.php file is actually commented out (has // at the beginning) and the error would be gone. If the Membership 2 Pro plugin is disabled, you can enable it and it should be working fine as long as you do not use "Test Membership" button.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Ari

Hey Don

Hope you are fine!

I see you changed the site from multisite to single site, also i tried to replicate the issue on your site about the simulation. But couldn't replicate it now.

Can you please confirm me if that issue is still happening? and give me proper replication steps, it will help to replicate the issue from my own and look for probable fix.

Waiting for your reply!

Regards,
    Ari

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.