Membership Subscription not dropping after the upgrade

We have 4 different paid subscription level. Initially we are giving 3 month of free membership which is a different membership.

Once the user upgrades from Free Membership to other paid membership, the new membership is added but the Free membership is not dropped. So, after the upgrade he has 2 active membership while he should only have 1.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Crunch Studio,

I hope you're well today and thank for your question!

The "initial" membership isn't dropped off because these memberships aren't "tied together" in anyway. I suppose that you've "Multiple Memberships" add-on active, therefore the new membership is just assigned to the user as additional one.

I can see two ways around this:

1. Disabling "Multiple memberships" should result in user being "moved" from one membership to another; this would however disable the ability of being the member of multiple payed memberships at once.

2. Instead of giving separate free membership at start, you could switch to adding a trial period to your payed memberships.

Of course, the "initial" membership should expire automatically after 3 months but I suppose this is not a solution as most likely some of the payed memberships gives access to less content, am I right? Please advise!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Crunch Studio!

I'm sorry for keeping your waiting!

Let me just make sure: there's no multiple memberships active and despite the fact member upgrades/changes membership the old membership isn't dropped so the user has two memberships instead of one. Is it correct?

I'd like to take a closer look at your setup. Would it be possible for me to access your site via our WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin?

To grant me an access please follow this guide:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Cheers,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Crunch Studio!

Please take my sincere apologies for another delay. The support access you've granted has expired, however it seems that I'd need a bit closer look anyway. That said, could you please send in:

Subject: "Attn: Adam Czajczyk"

- your site's WordPress admin login URL
    - admin login and password (may be a temporary account)
    - FTP credentials (hostname, username, password, port number if needed)
    - any other relevant URLs and information
    - link back to this thread

Please use our contact form here https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/.
    Select "I have a different question" from the drop-down list.

Please be sure to make a full backup of your entire site first and let me know here once you send a message.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Crunch Studio,

I hope you're well today and I'm sorry for keeping your waiting. I'd like to ask you if you had a chance to update your Membership 2 plugin already to the recent version that's been released on Sept 29th and if it solved the issue? The update should address compatibility and performance issues as well as some critical bugs so let me know please if this helped or if further investigation is needed here.

Thanks,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.